multiple key user ids to connect with not working

17 years 2 months ago #30942 by safa
Hi there,
Thank you btw for your previous help and your suggestion to upgrade to CB 1.0.2. Autowelcome now works like a charm.

Except for one small thing. This is probably something very simple. When I input several key user ids in the "Automatic connect to key user:" block under the field of "Key user ids" it only connects the new user to the first in the list of comma-separated key users. I've tried switching the order but it only connects to the first one.

Any ideas?

Thank you! Safa (and thanks for a very super needed plugin)

Joomla 1.0.11
CB 1.02
CB Autowelcome 1.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #30967 by nant
cannot duplicate - works ok on my sites.
are you sure that the id's are valid?

17 years 2 months ago #30979 by safa
yup, I'm sure that the GIDs are correct. when I switch the GID second in order to being the first, the connection happens perfectly to the second GID. so the GIDs are correct. I've also checked them a couple times.

Maybe it's an issue of autowelcome 1.0 vs 1.01... that's what I was hoping it'd be. I also had upgraded from CB RC 2 to 1.02 using the expert upgrade method. I can upgrade to 1.01, and if it doesn't work, I'd be happy to give you admin access to the site.... I really don't know what else to do.

17 years 2 months ago #30986 by safa
hey Nate,
I just re-install the newest version of the plugin, and still no idea what's going on.

is there any way I could hard-code in the PHP the request to add other users? This is a feature that would really add a lot to the site. I'm sure it's some small conflict with something else I have installed, but if I can hard-code I will do it.

Thank you again
Safa

16 years 7 months ago #44321 by ShoestringWebs
Replied by ShoestringWebs on topic Re:multiple key user ids to connect with not working
Has this issue been resolved? I am experiencing the same problem using Joomla 1.0.12 and CB 1.0.2.

All other aspects of AutoWelcome 1.0.1 working correctly.

Post edited by: ShoestringWebs, at: 2007/08/29 00:09

16 years 7 months ago #45726 by TheFlyingKiwi
Replied by TheFlyingKiwi on topic Re:multiple key user ids to connect with not worki
Hi Guys
Sorry to add my woes as well but I have exactly the same problem. Running the latest of everything. Has anyone had this issue and resolved it?

Nant - I know you said you couldn't replicate the but could you give us a few pointers as to where the problem could lie ie is it likely to be a conflict with another component?

Many thanks
iain

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.462 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn