No action from auto welcome

17 years 1 month ago #33487 by enniscrone
No action from auto welcome was created by enniscrone
Hi All

I have installed Auto welcome and am using PMS enhanced, which works fine with connection requests quick message etc with CB.

but i don't get any action from the plug-in. . when in the registration process it the request made to send the pm or connection request with the plugin?

i have email verification on would this be an issue with it? any ideas??

cheers
Darren

Dont underestimate stupid people in small groups

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 weeks ago #34763 by javelin200
Replied by javelin200 on topic Re:No action from auto welcome
I'm running into the same problem. I have a clean, brand new install of both Joomla and CB, current stable versions of both. I'm using the missus pms component with no issues elsewhere in the site except for the autowelcome plugin. Any ideas about why it doesn't work? Oh, the autowelcome does send the correct connection request, but it doesn't send an email either. Thanks for any help in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

17 years 2 weeks ago #34780 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:No action from auto welcome
To both (and others that claim they have "the exact same problem").

Please verify/test the following:

1. That quickmessage tab works with your PMS component and PMS CB plugin combination.

2. That if connections notifications are set to PMS (in CB configuration backend) then PMS messages are sent when new connection requests are made and/or accepted.

3. If the previous tests are passed then please post the exact settings of your CB Autowelcome plugin and state exactly what PMS component you are using and what CB plugin.

I had tested this with PMS enhanced without any problems. I did find an issue with missus and pm'd the developer on his site (has to do with missus settings that have to be enabled to allow automatic notifications).

17 years 2 weeks ago #34789 by javelin200
So, I just triple checked my settings to make sure it's not just oversight on my part and I'm pretty sure that I have everything configured correctly. CB connections is set to both pms and email (I only receive the email), CB login module is set to use Missus, all missus modules, tabs, etc are installed and published.

I still don't receive pm notification of the auto welcome nor do I receive pm notification of new connections. However, the quick message tab on the profile does work and I do receive pm's and notification of the pm's on the CB login module.

If you would like access to my site to look around, let me know and I can email you the info. Thanks for the work on this. It's much appreciated.

Oh, I'm using Joomla 1.0.12, CB 1.0.2, Missus 1.1

17 years 2 weeks ago #34790 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:No action from auto welcome
javelin200 wrote:

So, I just triple checked my settings to make sure it's not just oversight on my part and I'm pretty sure that I have everything configured correctly. CB connections is set to both pms and email (I only receive the email), CB login module is set to use Missus, all missus modules, tabs, etc are installed and published.

I still don't receive pm notification of the auto welcome nor do I receive pm notification of new connections. However, the quick message tab on the profile does work and I do receive pm's and notification of the pm's on the CB login module.

If you would like access to my site to look around, let me know and I can email you the info. Thanks for the work on this. It's much appreciated.

Oh, I'm using Joomla 1.0.12, CB 1.0.2, Missus 1.1

if you are using missus, then its a missus cb plugin issue.
the missus cb plugin appears to not allow automated notifications. i think there is a missus component backend setting that over-rides this (something basically that allows unregistered users to send messages - dont remember the exact setting name).

17 years 2 weeks ago #34829 by javelin200
I can't find the setting you're talking about with the missus plugin so I'll try and contact the creator of missus to see if they can help.

I was looking at the core pms plugin for CB and it has a dropdown box for pms component options. Missus isn't included in that list. Could this be the problem area? pms is enabled in CB, but it isn't associated with the correct pms component. How would I go about including missus in that list?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn