Duplicate PMs and Blank Connection

16 years 10 months ago #36738 by TheFlyingKiwi
Duplicate PMs and Blank Connection was created by TheFlyingKiwi
Hi,

Let me start by saying I believe this is a fantastic plugin and I am most grateful to the Developer (Nant) for his time and effort.

I am however having a few difficulties. I am sure the problems are all related - i have tried everything I know to but to no avail and as such, I must turn to the forum...

1) When a new user logs in there are 4 messages waiting for him/her but there are only 2 in the inbox and these are duplicates.

2) I have configured the plugin to connect to a demo user. When the new user logs in teh avatar says " You have 1 Connection Request(s)" but when i click on the link it is says "No Connections"

Some other anomalies that are likely to b erelated:
1) Connections have 2PM symbols under the profile picture
2) When the email notification arrives re the connection request it says "You have a pending connection from ()!" ie no user.

PM and Quick Message tested and working

Ok setup is:
Joomla: 1.07 (running on a dedicated joomla server)
CB 1.02
CB Auto Welcome 1.0
UddeIM: 0.05b with CB plugin

Thanks in advance for your help
Iain

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #36739 by TheFlyingKiwi
Replied by TheFlyingKiwi on topic Re:Duplicate PMs and Blank Connection
Update:
While checking my spec for my previous post I noticed that PMS MyPMS and Pro was published as well as pms.cbpms plugin from uddeIM. Unpublishing the first one has eliminated the duplication but the Avatar still says "2 new messages" when there is only 1. Connection request still doesn't work.

I

16 years 9 months ago #39815 by TheFlyingKiwi
Replied by TheFlyingKiwi on topic FIXED: Duplicate PMs and Blank Connection
Final Update:
OK, i tried everything I knew and lotsof things I didn't know. Read lots on forum and still couldn't make it work. There were one or other errors popping up which i couldn't understand so i decided to back up critical files (default_language.php, comprofiler.class.php, ue_config.php) reinstalled CB and reloaded critical files and now everything is fixed. I lost no data and all changes took affect when I uploaded the files again. Job done. Should have done it ages ago!

16 years 9 months ago #39817 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn