Solved: Autowelcome PM with BB Code Problem

16 years 4 days ago #60921 by NateM
I've got a little strange problem with the autowelcome plugin. Yesterday, I decided that I wanted to use it to get people more involved in the site. So, I changed the welcome message from this:

[code:1]Hello [NAME], Welcome to our site!

If you have any questions about how to use the website, please send us a pm or send an email to tianjinexpats@yahoo.com and we'll do our best to help you out.[/code:1]

To this:

Hello [NAME], Welcome to our site!

Now that you're here, here are a few things that you can do:

Introduce Yourself In Our "Hello Newbies" Forum Thread
Post A Classified Ad
Join or create a group
Post an Event Listing

If you have any questions about how to use the website, please send us a pm or send an email to tianjinexpats@yahoo.com and we'll do our best to help you out.

Now, for some reason, the messages aren't being copied to my outbox, and I'm worried aren't being sent to the users, either. They are being created in the database, however. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the "url" bbcode is somehow screwing this up. Any ideas? It would be great if we could use that incoming message to promote more activity on the site.

Post edited by: NateM, at: 2008/04/14 05:05

Post edited by: NateM, at: 2008/04/14 05:43

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 days ago #60923 by NateM
Ok, I think I somehow solved it. It was related to the connections message, actually, I think. Or, I'm just crazy.

15 years 3 months ago #85392 by Taiko
Hi everybody and thanks Nick for this great plugin!

I'm using this plugin to send new users a welcome email. Unfortunately I'm failing in formatting text with bbcode. text[ /b] or This is a link[ /url] (without spaces) just doesn't work:(

I appreciate any hint how to link content as html doesn't seem to work as well.

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!!

Regards,
Taiko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.605 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn