Can I use Autowelcome with imported users

15 years 2 months ago #87074 by csellens
Hi,

I am importing a large user list into Joomla using JUserImporter. They prevously did not have passwords so I am generating a password for them. I want to send them an email to let them know their login details.

With my test data the users are created and appears in the CB user list. When I approve them they can log in. However they do not receive a welcome email.

I am using CB1.2 and the autowelcome plugin is published.

Help!

PS Ideally I would like to edit the database directly to "batch" approve them. Would Autowelcome still send them a message - assuming I can get the first problem solved!

Post edited by: csellens, at: 2009/01/29 06:41

Post edited by: csellens, at: 2009/01/29 06:52

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #87075 by csellens
Replied by csellens on topic Re:Can I use Autowelcome with imported users
Have managed to solve the first problem!

I noticed that the user ids were staying the same even though I was deleting the users and then readding them. I changed the test data and now they are receiving their welcomes.

Thanks to another post I have got rid of the rather frightening connections message.

So, just the final one to go. I'll test it and let you know.

Post edited by: csellens, at: 2009/01/29 07:20

15 years 2 months ago #87079 by csellens
Replied by csellens on topic Re:Can I use Autowelcome with imported users
OK have tested this.

When I add import the users they are added to the users table but not to the comprofiler one. This means I cannot batch approve them. If I synchronise the tables in Joomla then no email is sent.

I cannot batch approve from the CB users table as all the users are pending aproval and when I select them all and click the status stays the same. Any ideas?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn