getting rid field description etc. on reg. form

13 years 2 months ago #10832 by beckysoll
hi, does anyone know of a way to get rid of this area:

"Field description: Move mouse over icon | * This Field is required | + This Field IS visible on profile | - This Field IS NOT visible on profile"

Really, i want to get rid of "this field is visible/not visible" on profile, Because i am mostly just using community builder to be able to accept or not accept user registration... I do not want ot confuse people with the whole profile thing..

does anyone know of a way to get rid of these descriptions?
13 years 2 months ago #10837 by beat
b]As this is not a bug-->thread moved to installation forum[/b

beckysoll wrote:

hi, does anyone know of a way to get rid of this area:

"Field description: Move mouse over icon | * This Field is required | + This Field IS visible on profile | - This Field IS NOT visible on profile"

Really, i want to get rid of "this field is visible/not visible" on profile, Because i am mostly just using community builder to be able to accept or not accept user registration... I do not want ot confuse people with the whole profile thing..

does anyone know of a way to get rid of these descriptions?

You can add following statements to your CSS file either of your site template or of your CB template:

[code:1]#cbIconsTop, #cbIconsBottom {
display:none;
}[/code:1]

It's as simple as that (it has been designed for that... ;)

By putting only one of the two names, you can selectively hide the one or the other :)

Power of CSS... ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
13 years 2 months ago #10846 by beckysoll
duh! thanks... i alwasy forget about the display in css..
13 years 1 week ago #16419 by hansmeiser
hi, is there a class for the icons on the right of the form-filds as well?

and thanks for that great useful tip!
13 years 1 week ago #16438 by Kzimir
Hi, i added your code on the top of my CB template file but nothing happens...
did i miss something ?
13 years 4 days ago #16877 by flaxter
The class for the icons to the right of the fields is cbFieldIcons.

On a related note, has anyone taken the time to fix the tragic misuse of tables (rather than labels, fieldsets, and css) in the user registration page? Ugh...
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds
Facebook Twitter Google LinkedIn