cb.menu will display as list but not as "menu bar"

18 years 5 months ago #127 by Kevin
Its great to be working with the new CB. Thank you CB team.

Here's the issues I'm having. The "cb.menu" does not display (in the user's profile page) when the page loads using WinXP Firefox and WinXP IE.

In IE the menu will appear after clicking the "FORUM" or "Connections" tab below, but NOT when clicking the "COntact Info" tab. Strange. After is has appeared all is OK and I can use the drop down menus on it until the page loads again.

I've disabled all my css and it still does not work at all in WinXP Firefox and only works in WinXP IE after I click a bottom tab.

I'm using SWMenuFree www.swonline.biz for my main menu that includes drop down menus. All I can think it that there is a conflict between it and CB?

Again, the display of the "cb.menu" as a list works AOK.

I hope I'm posting this to the correct place. Please move as appropriate.

Thank you. And please let me know what other details I can give.

thanks,

- Kevin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 5 months ago #142 by beat
Kevin wrote:

Its great to be working with the new CB. Thank you CB team.

Here's the issues I'm having. The "cb.menu" does not display (in the user's profile page) when the page loads using WinXP Firefox and WinXP IE.

I'm using SWMenuFree www.swonline.biz for my main menu that includes drop down menus. All I can think it that there is a conflict between it and CB?

It might be a Javascript conflict between WEMenuFree and CB's menu system.

Please turn on Javascript error reporting, and clear the log, then load the page and check the log again.

Do you see something ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 5 months ago #145 by Kevin
Replied by Kevin on topic Re:cb.menu will display as list but not as
This is the javascript error reported in FF.

Error: syntax error
Source File: ibucho.lunarpages.biz/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&&Itemid=53
Line: 486, Column: 25
Source Code:
else { if (document.all&&&&document.getElementById&&&&window.onload) { cbOldwindowOnLoad = window.onload;

I removed the http://www. from the URL since this is a staging URL I don't want picked up by bots.

I've changed the menu to a tab list and that works great for now. Its not a show stopper.

Thanks,

- Kevin

17 years 7 months ago #20283 by drjake
Replied by drjake on topic Re:cb.menu will display as list but not as
Hi All,

First off thanks for this great component. Recently i've upgraded to the latest CB version (1.0.1). Now i've a similair problem as stated above.

The menu shows perfect in Firefox, but will only show in IE when displayed as an list, instead of dropdown.
I use a mamboteam template, but i haven't had any trouble in the past, neither do i use any dropdown menu's on my site as stated as above.
If u want to test it, you are free to register at \/\/\/.bernaards.net

Thanks in advance!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn