Plugin and Safemode

18 years 2 months ago #5179 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Plugin and Safemode
I have read that Joomla 1.1 will have ftp installer library functions. When this happens I am pretty sure that CB will take advantage of this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #5192 by tromp
Replied by tromp on topic Re:Plugin and Safemode
Oke, I know that the problem is over in Joomla 1.1, but is it not possible to install the plugins manual?? :P :P :P

18 years 2 months ago #5209 by silexian
Replied by silexian on topic Re:Plugin and Safemode
probably man,

but as for me, i have a client in safe mode, and was unable to install components, even manually.

So i do it locally, then "push" it to the server.

Try to ask your hosting company to disable the safe mode - my client's one said "no way for security reasons" :(

my advice : do it the way i do*, and change to Joomla 1.1 then.

Silexian

* : it take some time, yes... FTP is slow.

help me decrease my Karma ! i AM a bad boy ;) Hurry up or i'm gonna eat your soul :p

18 years 2 months ago #6273 by fredde75
Replied by fredde75 on topic Re:Plugin and Safemode
How do I do it Locally?

Is there any other way to install language without installing it as a plugin? Except for translating the english file of course... ;)

18 years 2 months ago #6307 by silexian
Replied by silexian on topic Re:Plugin and Safemode
@fredde75 : i have a local server on windows (ex : easyphp.org) and i'm working locally for installing/uploading things.

Then, in production, it's online. But if i want to install some more things, ... FTP, i use :(

help me decrease my Karma ! i AM a bad boy ;) Hurry up or i'm gonna eat your soul :p

18 years 2 months ago #6461 by fredde75
Replied by fredde75 on topic Re:Plugin and Safemode
silexian wrote:

@fredde75 : i have a local server on windows (ex : easyphp.org) and i'm working locally for installing/uploading things.

Then, in production, it's online. But if i want to install some more things, ... FTP, i use :(

Do I have to create tables in phpMyAdmin to get this to work? Should I install both webserver and mySQLserver locally (on my computer) and install the components there, antd then, somehow, transfer all files to my webserver...? I'm a newbie when it comes to databases...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.681 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn