Post-install drama RC2

18 years 2 months ago #5902 by kwarmath
Replied by kwarmath on topic Re:RESOLUTION: Post-install drama RC2
The problem is caused by a pathing issue. Beat suggested doing this and it works:

change in administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.php :

include_once( "components/com_comprofiler/ue_config.php" );
include_once("components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php";
include_once("components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php";
include_once("components/com_comprofiler/imgToolbox.class.php";

change them to this:

$adminpath = $mainframe->getCfg( 'absolute_path' ). "/administrator/components/com_comprofiler";
include_once($adminpath."/ue_config.php" );
include_once($adminpath."/plugin.class.php";
include_once($adminpath."/comprofiler.class.php";
include_once($adminpath."/imgToolbox.class.php";

you have to actually make about a half dozen edits to the includes similar using the code above as an example. The pageNavigation.php inclued is mispathed in a number of places.

I also had to modify in a similar way the /components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php in one place to resolve a pathing problem.

Beat wanted me to report that all these pathing issues have been resolved in the code base for 1.0 and greater for future reference.

k.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #7662 by BulletProofPoet
Replied by BulletProofPoet on topic Re:RESOLUTION: Post-install drama RC2
Cheers kwarmath,

I was having exactly the same problem (again Suse 10 OS), but the actions that you've documented appear to have resolved hte issue.

Not very comfortable about having to edit the file by hand, but at least it does appear to work now. I'm very glad that the changes will be incorporated into v1 automatically.

My thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread.

Rich

17 years 10 months ago #13721 by artis
Replied by artis on topic Re:RESOLUTION: Post-install drama RC2
It is most likely a file case problem in linux. You should FTP all of your files making sure that the UPPERCASE letters in filenames stay UPPERCASE. Otherwise you get a myriad of problems. There will be a setting in your FTP program to change all file names to lowercase. Don't check that box.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn