change link color?

16 years 7 months ago #43156 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:change link color?
This is standard mambo/joomla markup. Your site template should have it included...

To change the link color to red, add to your site template:

[code:1]a.mod_login { color:red; }[/code:1]

depending on your site template, you may need to define also the visited and hovers, and maybe even the link variants:

[code:1]a.mod_login, a.mod_login:link, a.mod_login:visited, a.mod_login:hover { color:red; }[/code:1]

To find out more:

Just install web-developeer tools extension for FireFox, then click on the green checkmark at bottom, inspect, then click on what you want to see and you will understand the markup ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #43165 by mesmer
Replied by mesmer on topic Re:change link color?
Thanks for posting, Beat, but this doesn't answer my question. Your solution will change the color of links for the entire site, when all I want to do is change the color of links on CB profiles.

If your solution to this is as easy and quick as your other reply, I'll be thrilled!

ken.

16 years 7 months ago #43170 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:change link color?
Easy...

[code:1]div.cbProfile a { color:red; }[/code:1]

or, if needed:

[code:1]div.cbProfile a, div.cbProfile a:link, div.cbProfile a:visited, div.cbProfile a:hover { color:red; }[/code:1]

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #43189 by mesmer
Replied by mesmer on topic Re:change link color?
You ROCK Beat! No wonder CB is the Best of the Best.

Your first piece of code didn't do the trick (it changed the color of the user's name and last login info.

But the second one, inserted in my CB default CSS file, did exactly what I wanted it to.

Much thanks--this was one of those little details that was driving me nuts.

Thanks to Nant, too, for his initial attempts!

ken.

16 years 6 months ago #44473 by Mike McKeown
Replied by Mike McKeown on topic Re:change link color?
intresting read...

I really should be fishing...

16 years 6 months ago #44476 by ysva
Replied by ysva on topic Re:change link color?

Isn't the link colour the overal colour for ALL links (as defined in your main template)? It seems really weird to me that they've used a different class for that one link in the package, because cb should sort of fall into your template (that's why it uses sectiontableheader from your main template etc.).

Then if you want to change only that one link to a different colour you'll have to add a new class and implement it in the code.

woops, always check your new pages

Post edited by: ysva, at: 2007/08/30 15:20

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn