Click on connections will not show profile

16 years 6 months ago #45952 by gil7002
It's this a feature of CB or I need to configure something, when not loging viewing profiles conections and clicking on them won't redirect to the profile, instead it will show a message stating that user do not have permission to view the profile.

:(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #45958 by nant
gil7002 wrote:

It's this a feature of CB or I need to configure something, when not loging viewing profiles conections and clicking on them won't redirect to the profile, instead it will show a message stating that user do not have permission to view the profile.

:(

are you using mikko's APC?

16 years 6 months ago #46021 by gil7002
Replied by gil7002 on topic Re:Click on connections will not show profile
No I'm using only CB 1.1

The problem that I have is that when regiter users log in they can view other people profiles and click in their connections to view others profiles. Witch is fine, but when anonimous or visitor view profiles and click on the connection avatars the view of the profiles is restricted. I would like they be directed to the profile they want to look.

16 years 6 months ago #46028 by nant
gil7002 wrote:

No I'm using only CB 1.1

The problem that I have is that when regiter users log in they can view other people profiles and click in their connections to view others profiles. Witch is fine, but when anonimous or visitor view profiles and click on the connection avatars the view of the profiles is restricted. I would like they be directed to the profile they want to look.

hmmm, make sure all your tabs are published for public viewing.

16 years 6 months ago #46038 by beat
nant wrote:

gil7002 wrote:

No I'm using only CB 1.1

hmmm, make sure all your tabs are published for public viewing.

For public viewing of profiles:

You also need to make sure that the "CB Profille" (the one of component-type-menu-item for viewing a profile) menu item in menu manager is set to "Public", as well as the CB User list menu item.

This wasn't clear in the README of cb 1.1, and is fixed for next release (it's also documented in forum). Making this thread sticky :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 6 months ago #46076 by gil7002
Replied by gil7002 on topic Re:Click on connections will not show profile

You also need to make sure that the "CB Profille" (the one of component-type-menu-item for viewing a profile) menu item in menu manager is set to "Public", as well as the CB User list menu item.

Perfect I did not want the profile menu to show on the main menu so Ihad it set for register users only, to hide it I just nested in another menu that is not public and set the component profile menu to public.

:cheer:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn