Auto approve and Auto confirm users with SSO

16 years 1 month ago #57781 by chris.n
Hi,

I am testing Joomla 1.5 with SSO + CB 1.1

I have configured all J!AuthTools plugins to authenticate thru a CAS SSO server and LDAP to get user info (full name, email, groups etc). I use the REMOTE_USER method. This works well. Users are automatically created with group memberships.

The problem I have is with CB automatic user creation; I would like them being enabled, confirmed, and approved automatically. Actually, my users are created and enabled in Joomla User Manager; but in CB they are enabled but NOT approved.
I havn't found how to configure both joomla and CB to automatically approved users.

My Joomla config (but I'm not sure this has an effect cos users are created by SSO/LDAP plugins at apache login prompt):
- Allow User Registration: No
- New User Account Activation: Yes

My CB registration config:
- Allow User Registration: yes, independently of global site settings
- Require Admin Approval: No
- Require Email Confirmation: No
- Moderator Approve Users: No
- Send Moderators Email: No

If fact, I would expect here a n option like "Auto approve users: Yes/No"...

Any configuration suggestion (before trying to hack CB )?

Best,

Chris

Post edited by: chris.n, at: 2008/02/28 15:46

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #57800 by chris.n
I have looked in the database and the CB user is not created when the SOO plugin sync with LDAP. This only creates the Joomla user but not the CB user in database.

What is the smartest? Create a dedicated plugin that is triggered after the user login and check if the CB user exists? If yes, what is the option/config I need to set to the plugin to do this operation? I'm pretty new to J! 1.5.

Chris

16 years 1 month ago #57882 by chris.n
Hi Nick,

Thanks for your post. I checked and this is not the same problem. My registration thru SSO/LDAP works very fine. It is just that the user is not created automatically in CB when the user is created in Joomla by the SSO/LDAP plugins.

I have written a quick and dirty user plugin that check if the current user exists on CB. I have used a onAfterStoreUser method. It works but this method is called for each page. I would have prefered an event that is only called when a new Joomla user is created...

I didn't found any core event that is only called just after after a joomla user creation (dev.joomla.org/component/option,com_jd-wiki/Itemid,/id,plugins:user_events/).

I enclose the plugin if this may help others.

Best,

Chris

Attachment plug_cbautocreate.zip not found

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn