How to remove Community About CB

15 years 11 months ago #63510 by mrlew
Replied by mrlew on topic Re:How to remove Community About CB
why persist in asking.
give credit where credit is due
open your wallet pay for a subscription and get the info you want.
keep up the good work guys

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #63565 by teryaki
Replied by teryaki on topic Re:How to remove Community About CB
Once again, get a Doc. subscription, its well worth it.

Post edited by: teryaki, at: 2008/07/11 10:32

15 years 11 months ago #63578 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:How to remove Community About CB
Madszar,

We hope you understand that removing this without being doc subscriber, is a breach of the CB licence as it is removing a copyright notice from CB, and thus not allowed by the license without the express authorization of authors (as allowed in doc to doc subscribers for frontend only) ?

You may be not aware of this or just have chosen to do it illegally, but apart from the legal aspect, this kind of behavior is simply afflicting.

Asking how to remove the due credits and copyright notice (and any chance for CB to get any contribution back from your site's users) without contributing anything back (like others do with doc subscription, forum help, or code and trick contribution) is just sad behavior. :(

In addition, you just delayed release of CB 1.2 by a depressing half hour at very least... :(

Please consider this as a friendly warning to change your behavior. Thanks.

---

I will not ask any moderator to edit any posts above this one, but the authors are free to do so, if they wish to contribute to the respect of the CB license and hard work results given out for free. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #67883 by devil
Replied by devil on topic Re:How to remove Community About CB
Hi Beat,

when i remove this and place a CB-Logo with Link at bottom of the Profil it is okay?

Post edited by: devil, at: 2008/07/10 01:58

15 years 9 months ago #68546 by mainestratman
Replied by mainestratman on topic Re:How to remove Community About CB
Ironically, it was easier to remove the "About" than most other things I've been attempting to do with this extension.

15 years 9 months ago #69393 by barton91
Replied by barton91 on topic Re:How to remove Community About CB
If you would like to see this information in CB 1.2RC, please look at page 74 to 76. The answer is on page 76.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.485 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn