Dynamic Profile Fields

15 years 1 week ago #98063 by lawfirmchaos
Dynamic Profile Fields was created by lawfirmchaos
Is there a way to set up or any plug in that allows you to set up dynamic profile fields?

For example, instead of showing "-" in a field that the user does not fill out, it there a way to just not display blank fields?

Also, what about adding education and employment history where a user might have multiple entries (e.g. college, graduate school, etc...) and multiple fields associated with a single entry (e.g. Harvard College, Graduation Date: 2002, GPA: 3.9, Class Rank: 3/500, etc...) I would like to add an edit profile page that allows a user to add, edit, and delete education and employment information.

Here is an example of what I am trying to accomplish:
See www.lawschoolnumbers.com/ if you click on a user profile, you will notice that they add law school application details. A single entry includes information about the school, when they applies, when/if they heard back from the school, if they accepted, etc... Also, the application allows a user to add any number of schools with the same information. I would like to add this same information about education, work history, recruiting information, and more.

Thanks for the help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #98109 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Dynamic Profile Fields
Someone came up with a commercial plugin for conditional fields, but I haven't tried it. You can also use Text Area fields instead of Text Field to allow more input.

To hide empty fields instead of displaying the "-", just change the option in your CB settings to hide empty fields.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/05/08 17:56

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn