[Mambo 4.6.2 bug]: Error On Clean Install

16 years 6 months ago #46767 by jkcgroup
Replied by jkcgroup on topic Re:[Mambo 4.6.2 bug]: Error On Clean Install
Hi all, I did a fresh install of CB1.1 on Mambo 5.6.2 with problems as well. Followed Annabels instructions and it looked like all went well... I now see the component from the administrator area, EXCEPT for when I select any on the CB links, it always just takes me back to my admin home page. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #46867 by annabel
Replied by annabel on topic Re:[Mambo 4.6.2 bug]: Error On Clean Install
Hello,

I am afraid you have to uninstall and re-install again.
It looks as though STEP G was not done properly, i.e
Load Sample data.

You'll make it through next time.

Cheers

16 years 5 months ago #48859 by alwarren
Replied by alwarren on topic Re:[Mambo 4.6.2 bug]: Error On Clean Install
First, let me say hello to the Joomlapolis community. It's a pleasure to work with you on this issue.

The first fix proposed by Beat does cause some problems. The most obvious is the disappearing admin menu. With that fix, the mos_components entries associated with the installed component contain corrupt data. There are two ways to recover. One is a clean reinstall of Mambo. The second is to remove the mos_components table entries associated with the component. The second method requires some familiarity with MySql and a utility such as PhpMyAdmin. You'll need to browse mos_components for the entries associated with your component. They'll be easy to spot. You'll find things like com_ instead of com_yourcomponent. And the component name may be missing or malformed. If you're not comfortable with modifying mos_components, ask someone to help. Or just do a fresh reinstall of Mambo.

Next, let me give you our proposed fix for the issue. It involves two modifications to administrator/includes/admin.php. IMPORTANT - Before starting, be sure to make a backup copy of admin.php. Also, be sure to use a plain text editor. If you're not comfortable making these modifications, ask someone for help. Ok, here goes. In two steps:

Step 1. - At about line 107 of administrator/includes/admin.php in function mosBasicXML::end_element():

Replace[code:1]$this->chardata = str_replace(' ampersand ', '&', $this->chardata);[/code:1]
With[code:1]$this->chardata = trim(str_replace(' ampersand ', '&', $this->chardata));[/code:1]

Step 2. - At about line 119 of administrator/includes/admin.php in function mosBasicXML::character_data():

Replace[code:1]$this->chardata .= trim($data);[/code:1]
With[code:1]$this->chardata .= $data;[/code:1]

IMPORTANT - You MUST do both modifications. Leaving out step 1 will cause the admin menu to disappear.

Please try this proposed fix and post back with your results. Thanks.

Al Warren
Mambo Core Development Team

16 years 5 months ago #48860 by beat
A warn Welcome to Al Warren from Mambo core team to our forums. :)

Many thanks for looking into this mambo menu problem and giving solution here, that i overlooked (sorry I actually didn't catch a slang word about 2 pages back about "admin menu is goner", as it wasn't really precisely described).

Hope you will soon receive replies from the people with this problem.

I will edit my post above to point to yours, in case others have same problem. :)

Thanks again,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 5 months ago #50533 by jkcgroup
Replied by jkcgroup on topic Re:[Mambo 4.6.2 bug]: Error On Clean Install
If I had some hair, I'd be pulling on it right about now. I've done a clean install of Mambo 4.6.2 and Community Builder 1.1.0

*** PROBLEM ***
CB allows people to register but does not allow users to login from the front of the site. All they see after a significant delay is a blank page.

I have looked high and low here and on the Mambo forums but have not found any solution. Has anyone else managed to solve this one?

JKC

16 years 5 months ago #50545 by nant
jkcgroup wrote:

If I had some hair, I'd be pulling on it right about now. I've done a clean install of Mambo 4.6.2 and Community Builder 1.1.0

*** PROBLEM ***
CB allows people to register but does not allow users to login from the front of the site. All they see after a significant delay is a blank page.

I have looked high and low here and on the Mambo forums but have not found any solution. Has anyone else managed to solve this one?

JKC

maybe www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/3949/37/

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn