[Mambo 4.6.2 bug]: Error On Clean Install

16 years 8 months ago #42718 by Mayhem100
Replied by Mayhem100 on topic Re:Error On Clean Install
Beat
first see my install help post
I tried your code in mambo administrator/include/admin.php
then tried to install com_comprofiler.zip it went over with out any problems. It said it installed correctly. then my admin top toolbar disapeared. I could see all the rest of the toolbars. I could see community builder was installed via the side toolbar. I tried to run the settings tab and it would not run. Everything else would open properly in other components. i did the dba admin and restored a previous save. it restored mytoolbar. I tried to install comprofiler.zip and got the old error message again.

Let me know what you think please.
Greg

Ps if it would help you i did a dba backup before I did the restore so I have both if it would help you to comapare the 2 it might help make a good fix.

beat wrote:

Ok analysed the problem. If you notice there is a missing space in the query between NOT and EXISTS. This is because it's a longer data content in the XML file and parsexml of PHP cuts every 256 chars the xml data.

There is a bug in the XML parser of Mambo 4.6.2: mambo trims each 256 chars the xml data...

Here is the fix for that bug:

in administrator/admin.php, lines 117-120:

change:

[code:1]
function character_data ($parser, $data) {
if ($this->errors->getMaxLevel() >= _MOS_ERROR_FATAL) return;
$this->chardata .= trim($data);
}
[/code:1]

by:

[code:1]
function character_data ($parser, $data) {
if ($this->errors->getMaxLevel() >= _MOS_ERROR_FATAL) return;
$this->chardata .=$data;
}
[/code:1]

Please check that the fix works for you... You need to fix this, uninstall and reinstall CB, that install should then work :)

(funily, Joomla 1.5 beta parsers had exactly the same bug, and I had to submit same fix :D ).

Post edited by: Mayhem100, at: 2007/08/12 21:13

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #42874 by jplagarde
Replied by jplagarde on topic Re:[Mambo 4.6.2 bug]: Error On Clean Install
The same thing happened to me as well. I tried the fix in the admin.php and now the menu is a goner. Thanks for your help!!

16 years 8 months ago #43387 by k0rs4r0
Replied by k0rs4r0 on topic Re:[Mambo 4.6.2 bug]: Error On Clean Install
Hi all,
I get the same SQL errors when I install com_comprofiler on Mambo 4.6.2

Post edited by: k0rs4r0, at: 2007/08/18 20:54

16 years 8 months ago #43585 by bruce
Replied by bruce on topic Re:Error On Clean Install
Hi

Has anyone managed to sort this error out? Really need a solution so I can finish off my website.

Maybe Beat thinks he's got the problem beat and he's off somewhere else in Beatsville trying to beat some other beats. Maybe he's just offbeat.

Has anyone got a cyber drum they can beat so that Beat can beat it over hear and beat this bug?

Beats me!

Bruce :silly:

Thanks Beat, we really do appreciate all you do!

16 years 8 months ago #43683 by jplagarde
Replied by jplagarde on topic Re:[Mambo 4.6.2 bug]: Error On Clean Install
Me too, I have been checking this thread everyday to see if we have found a solution. My site is offline till we get this thing fixed. It is hopeless? do i need to switch to joomla?

16 years 8 months ago #43709 by Tengu2
I have Mambo 4.6.2 and the installation went without trouble ... CB1.1 is working like it should (and lovin' it!)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn