Only blank sites are shown

16 years 8 months ago #42909 by GenCuster
Replied by GenCuster on topic Re:Only blank sites are shown
I have a similar issue after an upgrade to CB 1.1. I can no longer edit any profile - either from the back-end or from the (new) front-end or even as a user updating their own profile. This does not work for registered, author, manager, administrator and super administrator.

Everything else works perfectly. It looks like either a permissions problem or (somehow) the skin causing an issue - failing to display a page somehow?

A user can still register OK on the site, but cannot be updated (in our case, by updating from registered to author, adding subscription start date and a link to their geocaching profile). Existing users can update avatars and load pics into CB Gallery but not edit their own profile.

After this occurred, I updated Joomla! from 1.0.12 to 1.0.13, but no change in the problem. I have checked on CB parameters and resynched profiles with Joomla! (no difference).

Does anyone else have a similar problem? Or know of a solution?

Thanks. Link to site below.

Kiwicaching

Post edited by: GenCuster, at: 2007/08/14 15:50

Accurate to a Point! Usually within 4.5m of a given subject.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #42968 by R0Li84
Replied by R0Li84 on topic Re:Only blank sites are shown
john1000 wrote:

well its something with the install of the component...Are all the files belonging to the component there?

Yes, all the files are there.
register globals is deactivated - maybe thats the Problem?

16 years 8 months ago #42969 by john1000
Replied by john1000 on topic Re:Only blank sites are shown
no it isnt....

but ive seen it and its indeed weird...
can you check if the server printed some errors ?
check your errorlog,maybe that shows something..

My soon to be released website.
www.joomla-reviews.com

16 years 8 months ago #42977 by GenCuster
Replied by GenCuster on topic Re:Only blank sites are shown
I don't know if this will help, but I unpublished cb.profilegallery from Community Builder -> Plugin Management.

Now I can update profiles via front end but not back end. So this rules out the front end template and puts the problem back with CB.

It may be off topic slightly, but I sounds as if I have a subset of your issue.

Accurate to a Point! Usually within 4.5m of a given subject.

16 years 8 months ago #42986 by R0Li84
Replied by R0Li84 on topic Re:Only blank sites are shown
I have only the possibility to check the error messages when I`m looged in in Confixx Professional - but there is nothing shown.

Most weird is, that an older installation (I testet CB already a few months ago) worked without any problems. And it was also no Problem to Install Community Builder Enhanced. (When I install CBE now, the installation doesn`t complete normally, i`m logged out after the installation and in the components list informations like "Autor" etc... belonging to CBE are missing - but the login Form of CBE is shown, however it wont`t work, too.)

16 years 8 months ago #42990 by john1000
Replied by john1000 on topic Re:Only blank sites are shown
well i dont know why or how but it could be server related..
but thats hard to tell..

My soon to be released website.
www.joomla-reviews.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn