"Allow User Registration" for Joomla to "Yes"

16 years 8 months ago #43081 by armel
Hi everyone and first of all, thanks for the beautifull work you're doing around.

Just to said that i've just install my CB 1.1.0 pack and i've been oblige to turn the "Allow User Registration" for Joomla to "Yes" to see it fuction, instead of turnint it to "No" as the read me file said.

So i don't know if i've done something wrong along the process. or if it's normal.

If some of you know a bit about that, thanks in advance for help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #43092 by nant
following the joomla settings will basically allow users that are aware of direct joomla urls to access the joomla registration process (even though you might have disabled the joomla login module).

16 years 8 months ago #43793 by armel
Thanks for your reply nick.

But, since i'm not a techie man, nor a native english speaker, i'm not sure to understand your answer, can you explain please. Can you tell me if what i've done is corect or do i need to set some parameters in some precise way.

Thanks for your help.:)

16 years 7 months ago #44178 by diod
En gros Nant veut dire que si tu laisses "Allow User Registration" dans la configuration de Joomla!, il subsistera un risque de contournement de CB au profit du composant d'enregistrement de base, ce qui aura pour fâcheuse conséquence de créer des membres qui ne seront pas synchronisés avec CB, la meilleur config étant: Allow User Registration:"NON" dans Jommla!, et "YES, independently of global site setting" dans CB.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn