Missing ?> from new language file?

16 years 8 months ago #43233 by djsdjs
Missing ?> from new language file? was created by djsdjs
When comparing my old and new default_language.php files it appears that the new one has a warning at the bottom not to place anything after the ?> tag - but then also seems to be missing that tag.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #43266 by nant

16 years 8 months ago #43287 by djsdjs
Replied by djsdjs on topic Re:Missing ?> from new language file?
Yes I did - that's why I'm writing. The language file as it came in the distribution appears to be missing the ending ?> tag - I had to add it. I used the expert install, but the standard distribution appears to be missing it as well.

16 years 8 months ago #43398 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Missing ?> from new language file?
djsdjs wrote:

Yes I did - that's why I'm writing. The language file as it came in the distribution appears to be missing the ending ?> tag - I had to add it. I used the expert install, but the standard distribution appears to be missing it as well.

i think beat left it out on purpose - thats what the comments in the last 2 lines indicated - i assume that if php finds and eof it closes the tag.

16 years 7 months ago #43415 by djsdjs
Replied by djsdjs on topic Re:Missing ?> from new language file?
OK, I see now - it first states "don't put anything after ?>" and then states these characters don't exist. Though it is my attentional problems that are partially at fault here (didn't keep reading), I would suggest the following wording (or something that states the characters have been intentionally omitted as the FIRST statement):

"ATTENTION: The closing tag "?>" has been intentionally omitted - CB works fine without it. This was done to avoid the page errors caused by custom strings being added after the closing tag."]

Thanks for your patience.
D.

16 years 7 months ago #43418 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Missing ?> from new language file?
djsdjs wrote:

OK, I see now - it first states "don't put anything after ?>" and then states these characters don't exist. Though it is my attentional problems that are partially at fault here (didn't keep reading), I would suggest the following wording (or something that states the characters have been intentionally omitted as the FIRST statement):

"ATTENTION: The closing tag "?>" has been intentionally omitted - CB works fine without it. This was done to avoid the page errors caused by custom strings being added after the closing tag."]

Thanks for your patience.
D.

Implemented as suggested, thanks. :)

Present wording was because of a 2-steps process: first we added the first line of warning, then later decided to remove completely, so added second line. :D

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn