Unsolved Missing Fields Problem

16 years 7 months ago #44436 by jeffreykline
Unsolved Missing Fields Problem was created by jeffreykline
I know I'm a newbie to this site, but I have done a lot of homework trying to solve this problem. It seems the forum is full of mentions of this issue, but I couldn't find any solutions.

My situation: I have a new/fresh install of Joomla and installed Community Builder 1.1 per the instructions. Most all of the features seem to work great EXCEPT:

When I am in Field Manager, I do NOT see the email, name, etc. fields. Also, when viewing any user's profile, none of these fields show up.

Is there a solution to this problem short of having to create a second set of these fields in Field Manager, double-entering that data, and then using that information to show up in the profile?

ANY help from the developers or anyone who's found a solution would be GREATLY appreciated!

Jeffrey Kline

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #44438 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Unsolved Missing Fields Problem
jeffreykline wrote:

I know I'm a newbie to this site, but I have done a lot of homework trying to solve this problem. It seems the forum is full of mentions of this issue, but I couldn't find any solutions.

welcome to the community!
please upload your picture and update your profile - i prefer responding to posters that have updated their profile her. (opps - you did this - thanks!)

My situation: I have a new/fresh install of Joomla and installed Community Builder 1.1 per the instructions. Most all of the features seem to work great EXCEPT:

When I am in Field Manager, I do NOT see the email, name, etc. fields. Also, when viewing any user's profile, none of these fields show up.

This is correct - these fields are not displayed in the CB field manager because they are Joomla fields (stored in Joomla tables).

When you edit your profile, depending on your Joomla & CB backend settings you should be able to see and edit some of these joomla fields.

In frontend view you can see the username of fullname of the profile owner as a heading (username's profile) and you should be able to see his email (or send him email via form - once again depending on setting) in the CB profile menu in the profile.
[/quote]

Is there a solution to this problem short of having to create a second set of these fields in Field Manager, double-entering that data, and then using that information to show up in the profile?

ANY help from the developers or anyone who's found a solution would be GREATLY appreciated!

this is the way things currently work.
you woud need to make changes to show this information in user profile in other areas.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2007/08/30 08:26

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn