How to delete CB 1.02 and make a clean instal 1.1

16 years 7 months ago #44692 by bettyf
Hi:

I have CB 1.02 installed on Joomla 1.011
I want to upgrade it to 1.1
As long as I don't have any members yet on CB, except from myself and 3 friends of mine, I thought it would be easier to uninstall CB 1.02 and make a clean install of CB 1.1

Would that be possible and easier as I think?

Thanks,
Beth

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #44696 by nant
unistall the cb component and all cb modules.

then use phpmyadmin to drop all tables that contain comprofiler in their names.

this would cause a clean install of the new stuff.

16 years 7 months ago #45058 by tborja
I unistalled CB 1.0.2 but cannot re-install com_profiler.zip because the old cb 1.0.2 files and folders were not deleted by uninstall. The only entries removed were those in the install list. Shouldn't uninstall its files and directories?

16 years 7 months ago #45106 by beat
This is a joomla-problem due to unix files ownership/permissions.

You will need to delete these 2 folders and files in it manually, by FTP or control panel:

administrator/components/com_comprofiler

and

components/com_comprofiler

This is normally done by the joomla/mambo uninstaller, but due to lack of permission from webserver software to delete them, it couldn't be done. Search Joomla forums for more information on this common problem :)

Now if you want a completely fresh install you will need to also delete ("drop") all the tables in your database starting with:

jos_comprofiler

or

mos_comprofiler

Then you can install fresh CB 1.1 component.

The modules are stored in modules directory, and there you need to be more careful on what you delete.

Easiest is to ask your hoster to fix the files ownerships/permissions for you.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn