CB upgrade

16 years 7 months ago #44901 by wdooley
CB upgrade was created by wdooley
I have been having a tuff time trying to upgrade CB 1.1 from CB 1.0.2
I can get the upgrade to install, but it doesn't show the upgrade when I go to the CB component and select configuration. Also when trying to install the cb_login it keeps failing telling me it exist even after I have deleted it.

If someone can please give me some help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
William

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #44903 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB upgrade
Looks like all your files have not been uploaded correctly, at least in administrator/components/com_comprofiler ...

Check that the web server has write permission to the folders AND files in installation (check that all folders are green and not red), when you uninstall and reinstall CB component and modules.

If you can't, try an expert upgrade.

Unix files and folder permissions can be tricky, and a tool like eXtplorer (formerly JoomlaXplorer) (now standalone or as joomla component) can help to see clearly if the web server can delete and or write files...

info and download:
joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomlaxplorer/

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #44905 by wdooley
Replied by wdooley on topic Re:CB upgrade
How would I do an expert upgrade? I am a designer not a coder. My IT guy is no longer with my company. Sorry, but I am at a total loss here. Is there anyone you would recommend to do this?

William

16 years 7 months ago #44947 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB upgrade
wdooley wrote:

How would I do an expert upgrade? I am a designer not a coder. My IT guy is no longer with my company. Sorry, but I am at a total loss here. Is there anyone you would recommend to do this?

William

It's described in the README.txt file which comes with CB. But of course backup first, and/or ask a pro to help you if needed.

It seems something went wrong at install, probably because there was something wrong before install.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #45222 by 2dum2no
Replied by 2dum2no on topic Re:CB upgrade
Ok I upgraded from 10 to 1.1 all seemed to go fine, but the links to all does not work???

Data is still around but linking to the pages within Joom is not working ???

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance

Ray

16 years 7 months ago #45227 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB upgrade
2dum2no wrote:

Ok I upgraded from 10 to 1.1 all seemed to go fine, but the links to all does not work???

Data is still around but linking to the pages within Joom is not working ???

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance

Ray

Please start your own thread.

State your problem as clearly as possible.
Explain exactly what you did - make sure you followed the README file instructions.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.368 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn