cb login (cb 1.1)

16 years 6 months ago #45980 by FredM
cb login (cb 1.1) was created by FredM
Hello,

I have quite problems with the mod_cb_login.

I updated joomla to 1.0.13 and also had the old cb runing there.

Before the update to joomla 1.0.13 all was fine, then installed cb 1.1 and then mod_cb_login.

After doing all settings in cb 1.1 and resync of all the users the login to the site does not work anymore. After a login or logout the site re-directs me to a completely white page.

I de-installed mod_cb-login again and re-installed it. Then I published it again and now I have a missing "login" Button on the frontpage.

The redirect before told me something like:
www.sitename.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/Itemid,0/task,login/

I moved my backup back to the server but the problems even with the old cb installation remains. White page!

Right now I deactivated mod_cb_login and I use the joomla_login again. This seems to work so far but without cb 1.1 now, I guess.

Any ideas what went wrong?

Thanks alot

Post edited by: FredM, at: 2007/09/17 17:12

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #46150 by gsm_destroyer
Replied by gsm_destroyer on topic Re:cb login (cb 1.1)
i have some problem too

16 years 6 months ago #46201 by FredM
Replied by FredM on topic Re:cb login (cb 1.1)
Ok, I got this one so far. Read exactly the readme.txt and it will work. I de-installed cb 1.1 again and did a fresh install. This is important then:

1: Enable the cblogin login module (CB Login), and other CB modulesfrom the administration backend (go to modules->site modules then click on publish red cross or click on module name to set params)

2: Disable the Standard Joomla/Mambo Login Module. To do that, go to the administration backend (go to modules->site modules then click on the green publish checkmark of "Login form (mod_login) so that it becomes a red cross)

3: Add a new user menu item for the comprofiler component (this will be the users profile page). For this, go to menu -> user menu, click New, select component, then Community Builder (com_comprofiler), give a name and save.

4: Add a new user menu item as a Link-URL and point it to index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList (this will be the searchable users list).

Note: if you make the menu being the first of the main menu it will become the site's homepage.

5: Go to Joomla/Mambo Admin->Components->Community Builder->Tools and use the "Synchronize users" tool to synchronize CB with Joomla or Mambo.

16 years 6 months ago #46210 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:cb login (cb 1.1)
When you upgrade joomla to 1.0.13, make sure that file includes/version.php gets upgraded too.

Some people "customize/rebrand" joomla with that file, and don't upgrade it.

Now CB checks for password method to apply with joomla/mambo version, and it's using info from that file.

See:
www.joomlapolis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4010&Itemid=40

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 6 months ago #46356 by Madein974
Replied by Madein974 on topic Re:cb login (cb 1.1)
i have same problem too
:blush:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn