CB 1.1 compatability Joomla 1.0.12

16 years 5 months ago #47483 by ojay
I'm a complete noobie to CB, infact I code in CSS and (X)HTML so am more of a front end developer designer...

Excuse my retardness when I ask If CB 1.1 is compatible with Joomla! v1.0.12? I couldn't find my answer in any documentation.
It's just the site I'm trying to style is using CB 1.0.2 (i think... site admin > components > community builder > configuration > CB version displayed at bottom, right?)and basically it's FULL of tables.

From what I gather from the interview with Jacob and Beat www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/3844/ the new CB (1.1) is tableless W3C compliant goodness... I would love to upgrade from our current CB version to 1.1, is it possible?

Thanks for any advice, It's much appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #47494 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB 1.1 compatability Joomla 1.0.12
ojay wrote:

Excuse my retardness when I ask If CB 1.1 is compatible with Joomla! v1.0.12? I couldn't find my answer in any documentation.

excused :P

seriously, read this - it should help (frontpage article)
www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/3708/1/

From what I gather from the interview with Jacob and Beat www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/3844/ the new CB (1.1) is tableless W3C compliant goodness... I would love to upgrade from our current CB version to 1.1, is it possible?

This discussion was about the site's template. CB 1.1 is not yet 100% compliant but its close.

16 years 5 months ago #47499 by ojay
Replied by ojay on topic Re:CB 1.1 compatability Joomla 1.0.12
Thanks nant, I was too busy searching through PDF's etc and as with most things, the answer was right in front of my eyes! :blush:

With regard to the tablelessness(?) I presume if it's close there's a lot less tables being produced than in CB 1.0.2? It's surely worth the upgrade in that case, right?

Thanks for all your efforts both with me and this rather large and very handy app!

Cheers

16 years 5 months ago #47501 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB 1.1 compatability Joomla 1.0.12
ojay wrote:

Thanks nant, I was too busy searching through PDF's etc and as with most things, the answer was right in front of my eyes! :blush:

No problem - it happens a lot.

With regard to the tablelessness(?) I presume if it's close there's a lot less tables being produced than in CB 1.0.2? It's surely worth the upgrade in that case, right?

You should upgrade to CB 1.1 for many reasons (security fixes, bug fixes, new features) - just be careful and follow readme instructions carefully (backup first).

Thanks for all your efforts both with me and this rather large and very handy app!

Cheers

You are welcome B)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn