How can I remove about community

16 years 5 months ago #49523 by barryforever
How can I remove about community was created by barryforever
Hello People im putting up a website i want to remove the about community in the profile..
How can i do that ..
im i allowed to do that i have see a website not having that

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #49530 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:How can I remove about community
1. The easy (and fair) way: Get a documentation subscription, among lots of other useful stuff, it's explained how to parameter the menu inside, so anybody doing it according to documnentation got our permission to do it this way. B)

2. The a little bit less easy (and less fair) way: Search the forum (it's explained at least 3 times already), explore the software, and find it yourself ;)

Strictly speaking, as it contains a copyright notice, the GPL licence wouldn't allow to remove it without authorization or instructions on how to remove them, see 1. above......Thank you for your support ;)

EDIT: fixed a smiley and added the Thank you for your support.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2007/11/06 14:51

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: Walkingaround

16 years 4 months ago #50846 by franzfroch
Replied by franzfroch on topic Re:How can I remove about community
Thks Beat for your reply. In the meantime I bought a subscription to your documentation, but unfortunately I could not find the item dealing with removing the community button. Could you please quote the page number of the documentation. Thks in advance.
Second point: by using the cb_login module in the horizontal modus, I aways get the "Forget password?" on a second line, whereas I want to have it on the same line as the user name, password etc.
Regards.

16 years 4 months ago #50883 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:How can I remove about community
explicitely mentioned on page 68 :)
in the text starting on page 67.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for your support B) , and wishing you a good reading, lots of other useful stuff in this doc ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #66578 by gringog
Replied by gringog on topic Re:How can I remove about community
Hi Beat

i have just joined and am stucking finding out how to rmove it, can you tell me the page number? many thanks but I have been looking for ages

15 years 2 months ago #86313 by robertbseattle
Replied by robertbseattle on topic Re:How can I remove about community
Just my 2 cents but I would like to see the CB get credit but at the same time think a less intrucive location for that button would be better. I could imagine a lot of user clicking on it to find out more about the community/website but instead they find credits. Maybe naming the button credits and putting it on the bottom of the page? Does that sound fair? :side:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn