Invalid argument since PHP5

16 years 1 day ago #59863 by GeertL
Invalid argument since PHP5 was created by GeertL
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /srv/www/htdocs/Limos-old/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php on line 240

Since my host migrated from an earlier PHP version to a PHP5 version, I receive this error when going into the "edit your profile window". In the profile the image of the persons is no longer showing - but in the lists there is still the tumbnail.

To check if it was due to some problems with my site since I migrated it earlier to J1.5.1 from J1.0.13, I did a clean install on a clean empty database on my local webserver ( just newly installed )
After entering a user in the community and loading a picture for him - I get the same error. In the directory images - comunity however the two pictures are loaded : original size and a tumbnail.

system details:
CB 1.1 stable
Database Version: 5.0.45
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.5
Web Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Linux/SUSE)
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.1 Production/Stable [ Seenu ] 8-February-2008 22:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; nl; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080203 SUSE/2.0.0.12-0.1 Firefox/2.0.0.12

What can possibly cause this?

Please an answer -

GeertL

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Post edited by: GeertL, at: 2008/03/27 21:19

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 day ago #59864 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Invalid argument since PHP5
GeertL wrote:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /srv/www/htdocs/Limos-old/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php on line 240

Since my host migrated from an earlier PHP version to a PHP5 version, I receive this error when going into the "edit your profile window". In the profile the image of the persons is no longer showing - but in the lists there is still the tumbnail.

To check if it was due to some problems with my site since I migrated it earlier to J1.5.1 from J1.0.13, I did a clean install on a clean empty database on my local webserver ( just newly installed )
After entering a user in the community and loading a picture for him - I get the same error. In the directory images - comunity however the two pictures are loaded : original size and a tumbnail.

system details:
CB 1.1 stable
Database Version: 5.0.45
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.5
Web Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Linux/SUSE)
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.1 Production/Stable [ Seenu ] 8-February-2008 22:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; nl; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080203 SUSE/2.0.0.12-0.1 Firefox/2.0.0.12

What can possibly cause this?

Please an answer -

GeertL

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Post edited by: GeertL, at: 2008/03/27 21:19

please search this forum before posting.
been posted before and answered.
also exists as a sticky in the forums.

16 years 1 day ago #59865 by GeertL
Replied by GeertL on topic Re:Invalid argument since PHP5
Maybe this is a stupid question, but what do you mean with a sticky? - ok this I found out already but can i sort on it?
To search the forum is quit a hassle since the subject are always different going from avatar missing to ...

In the mean time I keep searching :blink:

Post edited by: GeertL, at: 2008/03/27 21:34

16 years 1 day ago #59866 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Invalid argument since PHP5
GeertL wrote:

Maybe this is a stupid question, but what do you mean with a sticky? - ok this I found out already but can i sort on it?
To search the forum is quit a hassle since the subject are always different going from avatar missing to ...

In the mean time I keep searching :blink:

Post edited by: GeertL, at: 2008/03/27 21:34

your error message is:

try and use the search forum box and place line 240 in it.

16 years 1 day ago #59871 by GeertL
Replied by GeertL on topic Re:Invalid argument since PHP5
OK for the image problem i found this fix - if someone else is looking for this

In the component/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php file find line 97 and line 101 and add a '/' before images so it reads "/images/comprofiler/" and NOT "images/comprofiler/"

in my case on a local webserver i had to do some absolute adressing like "/sitename/images/comprofiler/" and it works

For the error line the fix can indead be found in this forum

The quick fix is removing this line :
line 529 -> $params->loadSetupFile(JApplicationHelper::getPath( 'com_xml', 'com_users' ));

and changing this :
line 528 -> $params =& $juser->getParameters();
to : $params =& $juser->getParameters(true);

:sick: it took me an eternity to find it but still - THANKS

Kind Regards

GeertL
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want

Post edited by: GeertL, at: 2008/03/27 23:34

Post edited by: GeertL, at: 2008/03/27 23:36

Post edited by: GeertL, at: 2008/04/03 20:19

15 years 10 months ago #62819 by jennieann
Replied by jennieann on topic Re:Invalid argument since PHP5
Hi. I'm having the same problem, but I have no way of fixing it. When I edit the cb.core.php file and save the changes I get this message, "[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]", and the file refuses to change. I've tried everything I can think of, even downloaded the file, edited it on my texteditor, and tried to upload it(which wasn't allowed because the original will not delete). Any ideas on how to fix this????

btw, I am working with a MySQL client version: 4.1.22, and a cPanel File Manager v3.

Please help!:dry:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn