Blank screen - Register

15 years 10 months ago #64459 by iParentWaco
Blank screen - Register was created by iParentWaco
I thought I followed the directions. But when I click on "Register" to test it out, it starts to load. I see the registration form for about 1-2 seconds and then the screen goes white.

I see in the directions where if this happens after and upgrade it can be due to cb.invite mambot or something. But this is not an upgrade. This is a brand new install.

What is wrong?
Thanks!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64471 by iParentWaco
Replied by iParentWaco on topic Re:Blank screen - Register
I know. I know. You will tell me to search the forum for blank screen. I have. I have spent a couple hours trying to find the solution to this problem. Could you please just tell me or link me to solution? Pretty please?

Thank you so much! I am so looking forward to getting this all operational. =)

Shannon

15 years 10 months ago #64489 by dping28
Replied by dping28 on topic Re:Blank screen - Register
What is your setup?

Joomla ver?
SEO/SEF turned on?
PHP ver?
Any CB plugins?

When the screen goes blank what is the URL in your browser?

-D

CB Testteam member

15 years 10 months ago #64514 by iParentWaco
Replied by iParentWaco on topic Re:Blank screen - Register
First, thank you so much for answering! =)

I'm on Joomla 1.5

I don't think I have any added CB plugins yet. Haven't gotten that far. Just have what came with the initial install.

I know I saw that SEO/SEF somewhere today while looking around but can't remember where. If you can tell me where to look, I'll find out ASAP.

Same with the PHP version. I had someone else do my Joomla and RocketTheme install via Rocket Launcher and I'm not sure what PHP version was used. How can I find that out?

The URL on the blank page shows:
iparentwaco.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers

I'm sorry I'm so new to this that I can't answer all your questions when you're taking the time out to help me. But I soooo appreciate you doing so!

Thanks and God bless!
Shannon

15 years 10 months ago #64571 by dping28
Hmmm odd that link takes me right to the registration page and I have no issue with Flock (Web browser based on firefox) but the instant I switch my rendering engine over to IE6 it does the issue you are talking about.

Try this go into your admin backend - Extensions - Template Manager, there you should see your templates currently installed. Click the radio button next to rhuk_milkyway and click the Default button. This is the default Joomla template.

Reason I am having you do this is to check if this is a template issue. So now that you have the default joomla template set as default go back to your front end (things may be a little messed up that is fine, long as you can see CB login module) click on the register link and see what happens. If it doesnt do it then it is most likely a RocketTheme template issue.

-D

CB Testteam member

15 years 10 months ago #64573 by dping28
If I view the source of your page when it has the white blank page problem I get only this as the source:

[code:1]<script id="ie_ready" defer src="javascript:void(0)"></script>
[/code:1]

My guess would be MediaMoguls IE scripts may be malfunctioning.

-D

CB Testteam member

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn