Cannot Install Plugins

15 years 10 months ago #66205 by digitalpure
Cannot Install Plugins was created by digitalpure
I am having a problem with installing any plugins. I am getting errors. Here is the output of one of the plugins that I am trying to install. This one is VERY important to get working...

[code:1]Warning: copy(/home/user/public_html/cms/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_dtregisterrecords/dtregister.plugin.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/user/public_html/cms/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 379
Upload showPlugins - Failed
Failed to copy file: /home/user/public_html/cms/media/install_485ba001b1559/dtregister.plugin.php to /home/user/public_html/cms/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_dtregisterrecords/dtregister.plugin.php[/code:1]

Anybody have any ideas.

edit: Fogot, this is a J1.5.3 install

Post edited by: digitalpure, at: 2008/06/20 14:25

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #66258 by sitsinthestands
Replied by sitsinthestands on topic Re:Cannot Install Plugins
I had similar problem. I solved it by putting the FTP user name and password (aaagh!) into the configuration.php file which is probably in your root joomla directory. The CB plugin installer doesn't request the ftp name and password like the Joomla installer does. It worked fine then. The values should be removed from the config file after doing the install since it represents a security risk.

15 years 10 months ago #66272 by digitalpure
Replied by digitalpure on topic Re:Cannot Install Plugins
Thanks for the advice, but I do have my FTP information in their already. I have to have it in there, or all the modules, components etc I install get assigned user 99 on my server and so I cannot edit them.

15 years 9 months ago #66792 by cpmdoc
Replied by cpmdoc on topic Re:Cannot Install Plugins
Can you detail exactly how you put the ftp details in to the configuration file please?

Chris

15 years 9 months ago #66797 by webmark
Replied by webmark on topic Re:Cannot Install Plugins Me TOOO
Help!!! PLUGIN INSTALL DONT WORK!

15 years 8 months ago #70370 by dampen
Replied by dampen on topic Re:Cannot Install Plugins
digitalpure wrote:

I am having a problem with installing any plugins. I am getting errors. Here is the output of one of the plugins that I am trying to install. This one is VERY important to get working...

[code:1]Warning: copy(/home/user/public_html/cms/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_dtregisterrecords/dtregister.plugin.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/user/public_html/cms/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 379
Upload showPlugins - Failed
Failed to copy file: /home/user/public_html/cms/media/install_485ba001b1559/dtregister.plugin.php to /home/user/public_html/cms/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_dtregisterrecords/dtregister.plugin.php[/code:1]

Anybody have any ideas.

edit: Fogot, this is a J1.5.3 install

Post edited by: digitalpure, at: 2008/06/20 14:25

I have the same problem if i solve it ill post it here.
But it's not looking good so far :(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn