tried EVERYTHING, but cannot see CB appear

15 years 6 months ago #75902 by Maitresinh
tried EVERYTHING, but cannot see CB appear was created by Maitresinh
hi

i'm a complete newbie with joomla.

i've tried first with the last version 1.5.x (freshly installed, without problemes ) and CB 1.1.

I've installed each component / module in their place

And then, i try to activate them but, i cannot anything new. no CB

Nothing.

Then, i tried with joomla 1.x version and CB 1.1 .

nothing

The, again, i've changed for another hosting ( my profesionnal one, OVH), with Joomla 1.0

Nothing.

the only persistant advise is a register global, but all the reste ( chmod ...) is ok.

Any ideas ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76550 by boostman
Replied by boostman on topic Re:tried EVERYTHING, but cannot see CB appear
So you're saying CB does not appear in your components list?

15 years 6 months ago #76559 by Jrdpa
I have a similar issue. I have been using/learning Mambo 4.6.5 for a little over a month now. FacileForms locked me out of my own forms, to no avail. I've checked Mambo's forums, Joomla's site, and FacileForm's site for the last 2-3 weeks now.

Someone suggested I try Community Builder / Joomlapolis! so I downloaded and installed version 1.1. Whenever I use the universal installer (there is no module/component/separate installer anymore) it says Success, but I do not see CB listed as a Component, Module, or anything. Whenever it says Success on the install there is nothing there, no details like other add-ons might give in the space below where it says Success...

What gives? Why isn't it there?

Jrdpa

15 years 6 months ago #76608 by Maitresinh
Replied by Maitresinh on topic Re:tried EVERYTHING, but cannot see CB appear
sorry, the problem is solved for me.
it was just a matter of how to install correctly a module : i had to upload it throught the backend...

15 years 6 months ago #76618 by Jrdpa
I've installed other modules and several templates before and they have showed up.

Jrdpa

15 years 6 months ago #76641 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:tried EVERYTHING, but cannot see CB appear
Jrdpa wrote:

I have a similar issue. I have been using/learning Mambo 4.6.5 for a little over a month now. FacileForms locked me out of my own forms, to no avail. I've checked Mambo's forums, Joomla's site, and FacileForm's site for the last 2-3 weeks now.

Someone suggested I try Community Builder / Joomlapolis! so I downloaded and installed version 1.1. Whenever I use the universal installer (there is no module/component/separate installer anymore) it says Success, but I do not see CB listed as a Component, Module, or anything. Whenever it says Success on the install there is nothing there, no details like other add-ons might give in the space below where it says Success...

What gives? Why isn't it there?

Jrdpa

Universal installer? Are you downloading from here on Joomlapolis? The filename should be cb_1_1_0-unzip1st.zip. There is more than one file inside that needs separate installation. Please read the readme.txt for installation instructions.
:blink:

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2008/10/07 19:42

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn