cant install any cb plugins using the manager

15 years 1 month ago #90438 by liam81
Hi All.

Would be great if you could let me know how to resolve the issue I am having, I have tried searching for the answer all over the internet but nothing has popped up so far.

Basically whenever I try to install any cb plugins using the manager it displays the following error:

Upload showPlugins - Failed
Failed to copy file: /var/www/vhosts/getconnecting.co.uk/httpdocs/media/install_49ad0ebf1f018/vivotwitter.plugin.php to /var/www/vhosts/getconnecting.co.uk/httpdocs/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_vivotwitter/vivotwitter.plugin.php
[ Continue ... ]

All the directory permissions are green and there doesnt appear to be any other problems....

Same applies to any plugins for cb I try to install, and there are a lot I would like to utilise.

I am using CB 1.1 - Joomla v 1.5.9 (I would have installed CB 1.2 but for some reason it doesnt install at all)

Hope you can help me as I am pulling my hair out with it.

Thanks,

Liam

Post edited by: liam81, at: 2009/03/03 12:08

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #90836 by monkis
Hi there,

First of all...my compliments for the Cb Team! I am a new user with Joomla and already a big fan! Within 24 hours I made the website (www.freelancenederland.nl)and I hope you can help me fix the problems I have when I want tot install a plugin for the CB. ( I use the 'menu'CB and follow the plugin install.

I am having the same problems (like above), I can install components and even a plugin (when it's not for CB). That just works fine..

I am getting the error...with every plugin I tried, no xml file (error message) (checked it by unzipping the file)

Using: (my server is updating so my site is off-line, I will give more info if you want to)
Joomla 1.59
Safe Mode on

I can't wait for the solution! ;-)

Tnx!
Cirsten

/ it's late, I am from Holland so I apologize for my English writing skills! /

Post edited by: monkis, at: 2009/03/06 02:04

Post edited by: monkis, at: 2009/03/06 02:04

Post edited by: monkis, at: 2009/03/06 02:05

15 years 1 month ago #92293 by esnoke
I have the same problem. The error I get is
File /home/content/a/b/c/abc123/html/media/install_49c4490f406f3/cb.profilegallery.php does not exist!

I am using CB 1.2 with Joomla 1.5.8

15 years 4 days ago #95705 by jtjt
:) I was getting the same errors. I found that the "installation" didn't install all the files. Maybe this will work for you too:

When I opened the files up and looked at them side by side in my FTP program with the files that had been automatically installed to my website....I noticed some files and directories/folders weren't there at all. I simply manually FTP'd the missing files to my site.

The entire images, library, and views folders/directories were missing from mine...as well as 45% of the main files in the comprofiler directory.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn