get error message when trying to re-install CB

14 years 11 months ago #99789 by beadeful
beadeful wrote:

Okay. I just tried this for the sake of doing something. My error was showing in my USER2 POSITION. I threw a feed up in the USER 2 position and now I can't see it anymore. "What you can't see won't hurt you". I knew it was in that position because I wanted to see a different item in there a few hours ago just experimenting. Here's a PDF print that I made to remind me of the different positions. If you can figure out where yours is, maybe you can make it disappear from your "sight" (site) too. - (no pun intended) - at least until there is a fix to get rid of it for good.

Stef

continuing

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #99790 by beadeful
RonAustin wrote:

I'd just like to get the MyCommunity Template installed without getting that error message about an older version and without using the Legacy plug in. :sick:

I know what you mean. I'd love to have it, but it's seems to be a lot of trouble because I'm just dumbfounded. But you can go here for a look at where the modules are at your joomla site.

[www.joomlashack.com/pro-joomla-templates/306-js-optimus-template]

14 years 11 months ago #99791 by beadeful
RonAustin wrote:

I'd just like to get the MyCommunity Template installed without getting that error message about an older version and without using the Legacy plug in. :sick:

OMG! I just got rid of that error message from USER2 position (by accident of course). My login module was set in Community Builder (WHICH HAS BEEN DISABLED and partially removed) when it should've been in JFushion. I just fixed it (I think) without having to do any further damage to my site. Now I've moved the FEED that I placed in USER2 position(used to cover the error message) back to her old resting ground and am happy to report that there is no error message when I login as a registered user. YAY!!!!

14 years 11 months ago #99799 by RonAustin
That's great news beadeful. I take it that you are not using the MyCommunity template. What made you decide in favor of the one you are using?

14 years 11 months ago #99802 by beadeful
Yes. I started out using Kunena and thought the two would work together beautifully. They intergrated okay, but CB just didn't want to cooperate. So, I went back.

14 years 10 months ago #100272 by RonAustin
Well I was still having problems with CB 1.2.1 so I uninstalled it and uninstalled joomla and re-installed it. The version installed from the Fat Cow site I use was old, 1.56, so I ugraded it to 1.59. Now I am all set. Right? Wrong. When I try to install CB 1.2.1 I get an error 500. The nice man at Fat Cow tried to help, but said someone with experience in that field would call back. After no one called back I called them and was told that they would install Joomla via their control panel, but they did not support Joomla. I have tried everything I can. It has been 3 days and I really need to get this going. I have several members of the web site who want to throw things at me. Could some person with lots of experience please take me under thier wing and help me out?

I am using:
Joomla 1.5.9
DB ver 5.0.45
PHP ver 5.21
Server Apache
Server to PHP interface cgi

I have unpacked the CB 1.2.1 install zip and am trying to install com_comprofiler using the install program in the control panel.

I had an associate try to do it using her computer and she also got an error 500.

I have a user account for a guest admin and I will give the username and pw to who ever can fix this.

My email address is needageek@ciausa.net

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.135 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn