get error message when trying to re-install CB

14 years 9 months ago #100274 by nant
RonAustin wrote:

Well I was still having problems with CB 1.2.1 so I uninstalled it and uninstalled joomla and re-installed it. The version installed from the Fat Cow site I use was old, 1.56, so I ugraded it to 1.59. Now I am all set. Right? Wrong. When I try to install CB 1.2.1 I get an error 500. The nice man at Fat Cow tried to help, but said someone with experience in that field would call back. After no one called back I called them and was told that they would install Joomla via their control panel, but they did not support Joomla. I have tried everything I can. It has been 3 days and I really need to get this going. I have several members of the web site who want to throw things at me. Could some person with lots of experience please take me under thier wing and help me out?

I am using:
Joomla 1.5.9
DB ver 5.0.45
PHP ver 5.21
Server Apache
Server to PHP interface cgi

I have unpacked the CB 1.2.1 install zip and am trying to install com_comprofiler using the install program in the control panel.

I had an associate try to do it using her computer and she also got an error 500.

I have a user account for a guest admin and I will give the username and pw to who ever can fix this.

My email address is needageek@ciausa.net

Since you have started from scratch please start again and this time do not install the version from fat cow - download your own Joomla package and install on your own.

Many host sites have made changes to Joomla install packages that cause problems with other components.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #100276 by RonAustin
Do recommend that I use 1.5.9 or 1.5.10. I have heard that there are several bugs in 1.5.10

14 years 9 months ago #100280 by nant
RonAustin wrote:

Do recommend that I use 1.5.9 or 1.5.10. I have heard that there are several bugs in 1.5.10

Always go with latest...

14 years 9 months ago #100313 by RonAustin
I did the new install of Joomla 1.5.10 by copying the unziped files to the root directory using ftp and then using the web browser installation instructions. Once I did that I tried the install of CB 1.2.1 and it worked without a problem. -- until I got out of the admin panel and tried to log on to the front end. Now I get message that says, DIRECTORY HAS NO INDEX FILE.

I uploaded index.php from the joomla installation director of my computer and tried the site again. this time I get the error 500 message so I deleted the index.php file. What can I do now?

14 years 9 months ago #100315 by nant
RonAustin wrote:

I did the new install of Joomla 1.5.10 by copying the unziped files to the root directory using ftp and then using the web browser installation instructions. Once I did that I tried the install of CB 1.2.1 and it worked without a problem. -- until I got out of the admin panel and tried to log on to the front end. Now I get message that says, DIRECTORY HAS NO INDEX FILE.

I uploaded index.php from the joomla installation director of my computer and tried the site again. this time I get the error 500 message so I deleted the index.php file. What can I do now?

Unzip your Joomla 1.5.10 package locally and use ftp to over-write your remote installation.

Sounds like something went wrong with your Joomla installation.

If you still have problems you should really find someone to help you professionally because these issues are really basic.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn