get error message when trying to re-install CB

14 years 10 months ago #99760 by RonAustin
More news. I compared the 1.0 template zip file to the 1.5 template file and they are the same.

In both files there is a folder that says template_mycommunity and in that folder there are folders called J10 and J15 and a file called template details.xml.

Someone else has posted in another forum that two two files are the same. Do we have a problem with the install files or a problem with the installation. I followed the directions very carefully -- twice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #99781 by beadeful
Seems we both are in the "exact" same boat. Bummer.

14 years 10 months ago #99782 by RonAustin
Well misery loves company. I feel confident that someone will come along pretty quick and get this all worked out and then we will be on our way to the next bottleneck.

Looks like the Community Builder/MyCommunity package has great potential and they will either get it fixed or point out some bone-head move that I have made. In either case I have high hopes that I will have it all installed by sometime today.

14 years 10 months ago #99783 by beadeful
Geez! I certainly hope there is a fix for it. I noticed that I get the error only when I'm logged in at the site. I go as a Guest it, isn't visible. ;)

14 years 10 months ago #99785 by RonAustin
I'd just like to get the MyCommunity Template installed without getting that error message about an older version and without using the Legacy plug in. :sick:

14 years 10 months ago #99787 by beadeful
Okay. I just tried this for the sake of doing something. My error was showing in my USER2 POSITION. I threw a feed up in the USER 2 position and now I can't see it anymore. "What you can't see won't hurt you". I knew it was in that position because I wanted to see a different item in there a few hours ago just experimenting. Here's a PDF print that I made to remind me of the different positions. If you can figure out where yours is, maybe you can make it disappear from your "sight" (site) too. - (no pun intended) - at least until there is a fix to get rid of it for good.

Stef

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn