Skip to Content Skip to Menu

editing profile: password field should be empty

• firepol
  • firepol
16 years 9 months ago #43240 by firepol
if the user edits his profile, or you as admin edit a user profile, then you click on "save" you will get a javascript prompt telling you that the passwords don't match.

This is because the password is in the form field.

I suggest to remove it. In fact, if I don't want to change my password, I can re-type it in the "verify password" field OR simply delete it from the "password" field. I personally delete it, also because as admin I don't know the password of the users.

Suggestion: when editing a user profile. Don't load the password. If a user wants to change his password he can enter a new one.

issue added to the joomlacode tracker: joomlacode.org/gf/project/c_b/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=6576

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
16 years 9 months ago #43264 by beat
I can't reproduce this problem.

Looking at HTML source of the user edit screen, there is no password there.

Can you please give more information ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• vooki
  • vooki
15 years 9 months ago #71464 by vooki
Same problem. If you change the password, the browser ask to save this password in his password-list.

If you edit the profile again, the browser fill in the password in the password-field, but not in the password__verify-field.

• Aly
  • Aly
  • Add-ons
15 years 8 months ago #74896 by Aly
I seem to have this occur on sites where I have saved my login via my browser -- in other words, if Firefox has stored my admin login for the site I'm working on, that password field appears to be filled in when editing a user.

It's not actually their password -- it's mine. And this does not happen if I have not saved the login to the admin area for a specific site.

• Rapunzl
  • Rapunzl
15 years 8 months ago #74910 by Rapunzl
It's a feature of the browser. Just disable auto-fillin or whatever it's called in the internet options.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

• Aly
  • Aly
  • Add-ons
15 years 8 months ago #74915 by Aly
Yep, that's pretty much what I was trying to say ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon