Username with only numbers?

16 years 3 months ago #51869 by noerkjaer
Username with only numbers? was created by noerkjaer
Hi.

We are about to launch a webpage where people are registrered with their membershipnumber as ID, this is a 6 digit number.

But CB doesn't accept an ID that only consists digits. Any special reason for that?

Any workaround?

Regards

Peter
Aalborg, Denmark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 13 hours ago #59941 by sjofolk73
Replied by sjofolk73 on topic Re:Username with only numbers?
Did you solve the problem? I´ve got the same problem, also got memerlist ID with 6 numbers.

16 years 9 hours ago #59954 by E.Creations
Replied by E.Creations on topic Re:Username with only numbers?
I have created a site with ID's which consist of 5 and 6 digits for the members. I used CBJuice to import them all. There wasn't any issues going this route.

The other issue is minimum password length. While I understand the importance of a more secure method, in our case it's not not needed for the membership. But again, I worked around the minimum password length of (6) while using CBJuice and used 5 digits for a password. (Administrator's use a 10 alphanumeric combo for their passwords.)

16 years 7 hours ago #59957 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Username with only numbers?
Check the link in my signature for help on this. Altering my javascript hack of cb's core, you could restrict new usernames to only numbers...

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

15 years 10 months ago #63464 by mistytornado
Replied by mistytornado on topic Re:Username with only numbers?
Hi... i take your code and make isNumeric function... ok it makes me to put only number but when you send the registration it fails... because joomla need a username that starts with a letter... what can i do to solve this? thanks, bye

15 years 4 months ago #79471 by noerkjaer
Replied by noerkjaer on topic Re:Username with only numbers?
I know this is a long time ago, but I haven't still found any solution to this problem.

Anyone that knows a workaround so usernames can be only numbers?

CB version 1.1 on Joomla 1.5.3

We have come a long way converting from the old site, and are ready for launch in a few weeks time. :woohoo: But I would like to let our 500 members keep their username.

Regards
Peter

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn