Users Cannot See Profile in IE

15 years 6 months ago #77287 by holly_day
Users Cannot See Profile in IE was created by holly_day
My users cannot access there profiles or any other user profiles when using IE.

Once logged in they get the following pop up error.

Internet explorer cannot open the internet site: buddychum.info/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=63&Itemid=10.

This is only happening in IE and not any other browser.

I have searched the forums here for a solution, however these forums are very confusing and seem to be very mixed up. I find answers but dont no what they are answers to, because the original questions are no where to be found.

Most answers I view seem to just give links to advertisements for CB.

Please someone help me. pretty please. :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #77500 by Unbeliever
Replied by Unbeliever on topic Re:Users Cannot See Profile in IE
Hello!

Same thing here! The failure message in a pop-up with a red cross, and nobody can view the profiles.

I know it worked before... I think it has something to do with one of the tabs/plugins within CB, possibly Nant's gallery. I've made some changes to it, to try and solve an issue with Nant's Gallery and Eventlist.

Now I've uninstalled the Profilegallery, but the page is still loading the <script> tags for it... that should not happen...

There is one profile I CAN see in IE, and that is a test-account. Apart from some profile-info, there is nothing in it. So I'm pretty sure it is one of the plugins that is acting up.
I'll investigate and keep you updated, but any help appreciated!

I'll try and find what's causing it, but if anybody has similar issues, please share your findings! :)

greetz from Amsterdam :P

Post edited by: Unbeliever, at: 2008/10/16 17:46

15 years 6 months ago #77501 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Users Cannot See Profile in IE
Check the FAQ in my signature and the Bugs topic here, under CB 1.1.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 6 months ago #77513 by holly_day
Replied by holly_day on topic Re:Users Cannot See Profile in IE
I have now solved it. I uninstalled the nants gallery tab, removed its entries from mysql then I downloaded the latest version again, installed it and hey presto the problem has gone.

I do not no why the problem has gone but I am now a happy bunny.

Well almost a happy bunny. I am going to post another problem shortly because solving this problem appears to have created another error in CB. :laugh:

15 years 6 months ago #77522 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Users Cannot See Profile in IE
If you're talking about the problem I'm thinking, search for "fix pglasupdate" here in the forums.

;)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 6 months ago #77576 by Unbeliever
Replied by Unbeliever on topic Re:Users Cannot See Profile in IE
Well I've pinpointed the problem to be related to CB Myvideo.

So apart from CB Profilegallery, which was scewing up Eventlist in my case (disabled it's lightbox features in Event-entry screen), Now CB Myvideo prevented profile views in IE.

My guess is these problems will be resolved in CB 1.2, since there CB will use Joomla's libraries in stead of it's own (so I've read here on some topics).

I will try what holly_day said and reinstall both plugins fresh, to see if that solves the issues. Could be of course that something went pear-shaped while I was tinkering on the site (hey I'm not perfect, only almost :-) ).

Will post an update to share what came up.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn