Allow HTML in Text Editor Field

15 years 3 months ago #83178 by corsulian
Allow HTML in Text Editor Field was created by corsulian
Is it possible to allow HTML in the Text Editor Field? Yes, security concern. Don't worry about it. My users aren't random people.

I ask because it would be a pretty lightweight way of "integrating" social networks into CB. Facebook allows you to generate a profile badge and there's a LinkedIn widget out there that works roughly the same way. I could allow my users to simply paste in the HTML from those badges under a Social Networks tab and it'd be a lot prettier than having them paste in URLs from their profiles elsewhere.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #84851 by dado1
Replied by dado1 on topic Re:Allow HTML in Text Editor Field
I want to allow html too

15 years 2 months ago #85549 by hrweb
Replied by hrweb on topic Re:Allow HTML in Text Editor Field
I'm working on exactly the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

My thinking at the moment is that if I can't find somthing ready made, I'll have to write a plugin to display the result and another to add a field type that would accept the html for the badge, but would check that it is valid badge html and not something suspicious.

15 years 2 months ago #85551 by hrweb
Replied by hrweb on topic Re:Allow HTML in Text Editor Field
One more thought. If you define a web link field in CB you can take the url specified in the Facebook badge and paste it into the CB field. If you give it a site name of "Facebook" this works pretty well.

The problem is that getting a user to do that cutting and pasting is pretty tough. So now I'm thinking about a plugin that would grab the full html for the badge, strip out the url and place it in a conventional web link field.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.735 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn