List Filters (again)

15 years 1 month ago #88021 by GuiGuy
List Filters (again) was created by GuiGuy
I've been trawling through the topics on list filters here and elsewhere and I am rapidly coming to a conclusion that they don't work. For example, given a valid field `name` with a record having a value of 'Fred', the filter `name' = 'Fred' OR `name' LIKE 'Fred' (with or without wildcard), returns an empty record set.

Before I spend any more time on this, is it possible to get some feedback whether filters work and whether standard mysql syntax is adhered to?

NB: Please don't tell me to buy the documentation. We have tried SIX different credit cards now and every time we click submit it tells us the information entered is incomplete. It isn't, of course.

Cheers

Pierre AKA GuiGuy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #88170 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:List Filters (again)
GuiGuy wrote:

I've been trawling through the topics on list filters here and elsewhere and I am rapidly coming to a conclusion that they don't work. For example, given a valid field `name` with a record having a value of 'Fred', the filter `name' = 'Fred' OR `name' LIKE 'Fred' (with or without wildcard), returns an empty record set.

Before I spend any more time on this, is it possible to get some feedback whether filters work and whether standard mysql syntax is adhered to?

NB: Please don't tell me to buy the documentation. We have tried SIX different credit cards now and every time we click submit it tells us the information entered is incomplete. It isn't, of course.

Cheers

Pierre AKA GuiGuy

Using CB 1.2 Stable I am unable to reproduce your issue.

By default wildcards are not in place. If you wish to have wildcards then you need to build your filters as such:
%Fred%

or

Click the ADVANCED radio. Then built your filters with the following format:
`name` LIKE '%Fred%'.

Please note this is for CB 1.2, I recommend upgrading to 1.2 if still using 1.1.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/02/09 17:02

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 1 month ago #88277 by GuiGuy
Replied by GuiGuy on topic Re:List Filters (again)
krileon wrote:
By default wildcards are not in place. If you wish to have wildcards then you need to build your filters as such:
%Fred%
[/quote]

Hi,
Thanks for that.

I can confirm the LIKE '%stringcriteria%' works, as does LIKE '%stringcriteria.

That's got me out of trouble. Again, many thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn