Error

Please login first

session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1

16 years 5 months ago #52174 by bugs_budy
Replied by bugs_budy on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
philman14 wrote:

Ok so if you look at comprofiler.php, around line 1015, you should see something like this:
[code:1]// simple spoof check security
cbSpoofCheck();
cbRegAntiSpamCheck();[/code:1]

if you just comment out those 2 functions like so:
[code:1]// simple spoof check security
//cbSpoofCheck();
//cbRegAntiSpamCheck();[/code:1]

Then it will fix your problem. It's just a little bandaid that you can kinda paste on there. If you're feeling really adventurous, you can check out comprofiler.class.php in the administrator/components/com_comprofiler, and look at those functions in that file where they are defined, then you can maybe determine exactly what the functions are there for (something about making sure nobody's using an automated program or something).

It shouldn't do anything bad to your site at all, and it will let people register. If you have any problems with the whole "Session expired" mess, then those functions are probably the problem causers.

On Internet Explorer, I tried this on my site, but when the user finishes his registration the server returns me "security code invalid" because I've installed the captcha plugin. I retyped the code 5 times but still have this message ...

Then I turned off captcha but at the registration I still had the error of the session and cookies

After, having disabled captcha I commented on 2 lines to the line 1015 and I was able to registered. When I attempted to log I got the message, "you have to allow cookies."

I installed cd_login, but I don't think it comes module connection because this module redirects to the registration page.

Joomla 1.0.13 with cb 1.1

Thx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #54295 by iosoft
Replied by iosoft on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
sometime general users automatically logs-out unless they hit []Remember Me option while log-in !!

Is it due to this same problem ?

Note: I don't get any error msgs, just logs-out.

16 years 4 months ago #54296 by shtula
Replied by shtula on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
Some of my users are reporting those session expired and cookie errors and some aren't even able to register or log in at all because of this.
I'm running 1.0.13 with CB 1.1 and my comprofiler.php (like villager said) doesn't even contain those lines quoted below.

The lines look in my file like this:
// simple spoof check security
cbSpoofCheck();
$errorMsg = cbAntiSpamCheck( false );

if (($my->id == 0) || ($my->id != $fromid) || ( ! $toid ) || ($ueConfig!=1 && $ueConfig!=3)) {
mosNotAuth();
return;
}

I also experience session issues myself even on Firefox, like getting logged out by clicking on random links despite having the remember me option checked, while the "Who's online" module still shows me online.

16 years 4 months ago #54356 by shtula
Replied by shtula on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
Only today I received two emails (on a site with only 700 members this is of major concern) from visitors reporting this error and being unable to register on the site.

I couldn't reproduce the same error on my machine using FF2 FF3beta IE6 and Opera. All browsers were able to register and log me in perfectly even with higher privacy cookie settings.

I didn't try disabling CB registration and enabling core registration, but nobody complained about the issue before the upgrade to CB1.1, which makes think that it's a CB bug.

Also the amount of threads and posts regarding the problem and the lack of support makes me worried and I'm thinking about disabling CB completely for a while.
I think that's a serious issue and I'm pretty sure there is a sheer amount of visitors on affected sites that just walk away and don't report the error at all.

www.dubickaraja.com

Post edited by: shtula, at: 2008/01/15 02:53

16 years 4 months ago #54370 by walkingcity
Replied by walkingcity on topic Re:session expired and/or cookies in CB1.1
i also am having this error and it is really damaging my site, as our whole effort is hinging on members signing up and buying memberships. We're being featured on ESPN in the very near future and i absolutely NEED a solution to this.

16 years 4 months ago #54376 by beat
The lack of replies in forum doesn't mean we are ignoring this problem.

We will replace that part for CB 1.2 by something hopefully better, and maybe add a configuration setting to switch off in case things don't work out. That change will come in the beta 3 of CB 1.2, within next days.

To test, please join CB testteam (PM Nick - nant for that).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn