No Registration Email CB 1.2 RC2 and RC3

15 years 5 months ago #79179 by sparques
Ok...I've read all the related topics on this problem, and I've tried the proposed solutions, read the readme file 5 times and went over the user documentation again. In RC2, everything is working just fine, except it won't send out a registration email. Emails get sent out by Joomla just fine with the Contact Us form...but there seems to be a disconnect between CB and the email function. Not being a programmer, I don't know any other way to explain it.
I checked all my settings and ensured that the email account had administrative privileges, had the email settings turned on, the Global setting is set for NO on the Allow User Registration. The CB setting is "Yes, Independently of Global Site Setting"

I ran the Synchronize Users thing and it worked great, but did not solve the problem.

So I decided to upgrade to RC3...thinking that there might be a secret global conspiracy with RC2 to stop the widespread use of registration emails.

But the RC3 Installation did not change my symptom.

So...there's little doubt that this is my fault. It can't be the software, so can any of you help me fix myself?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #79190 by nant
I get:

The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

when I visit your site.

15 years 5 months ago #79215 by sparques
Replied by sparques on topic Re:No Registration Email CB 1.2 RC2 and RC3
Really? That's odd. Yours is the first complaint I've heard of someone not being able to connect at all.

It all looks fine from here. I had people evaluating the site last night and this morning, and even got a couple registrations.

Maybe you tried while I was failing to install forum extensions last night. A coincidence collision?

Anyway...I still can't figure out this email thing. For some reason, CB isn't talking to the Global settings some how, or that my Global settings are incompatible. I don't know. I may have to scrap this project because I really need the email to work.

And now that I've upgraded to RC3, the Agora forum won't work. Getting a bit depressed over here.

15 years 5 months ago #79219 by sparques
Replied by sparques on topic Re:No Registration Email CB 1.2 RC2 and RC3
Also...I must apologize for posting this under the wrong forum heading. Didn't realize where I was when I posted it. Since it has not been resolved, please feel free to delete this thread.

I've re-posted the issue in the RC3 section....although, I doubt there is going to be a resolution.:unsure:

15 years 5 months ago #79220 by nant
Would have to see your backend settings to see if you have done something wrong.

Things work just fine on all my sites and in all our test teams sites.

Send me a PM and I will take a quick look.

15 years 3 months ago #83952 by futuresounds
Replied by futuresounds on topic Re:No Registration Email CB 1.2 RC2 and RC3
I'm having the same issue in RC4.

www.FutureSoundsStudios.com - soon to be CB created! :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn