com_modlogin error - using Joomla 1.5.7

15 years 4 months ago #80903 by beat
futuresounds wrote:

Ok I figured out Search Engine Friendly and turned it off. I haven't messed with the menu quite yet. When I turned off the SEF then I could login properly but as soon as I went to another page, it gave me the same error (well the error was different because SEF was off so it gave the long name.)

The other problem is SEF is an absolutely must for my site. My normal site is SEO effective, has a PR of 4 on google and high on search engine lists due to it being search engine friendly. I have built this new joomla site with ALL the links being the same, so I need SEF. What are my options? I have seen this is a HUGE problem in the forum and have seen no clear fix.

Thanks Beat!!!

Well, if you don't want to delete and re-create your CB profile menu, as I suggested as first step, then can't help, sorry.

SEF is an option that doesn't hurt technically if OFF. But that was *second* step, if first *didn't work*.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #80914 by futuresounds
Replied by futuresounds on topic Re:com_modlogin error - using Joomla 1.5.7
I apologize for the misunderstanding. I didn't realize it was a first step scenario. I went ahead and deleted and re-created the user menu CD Details (mandatory) menu item and having the same problem. If I turn off SEF (which I do not wish to do) it fixes my initial login problem, but then I get the same problem as soon as I go to another page.

When I turn SEF off, my site goes to old school joomla format and it's not SEO friendly. Another problem is I have about 95% of my pages linking to my other pages via SEF urls and they're already posted on about 75 pages of my site. I really do not want to have to turn off SEF and therefore change all my URLs that are linking to other pages in my site to joomla URLs. That would not be worth it.

I am not trying to be hard (I don't think I am), I just want to get this working, especially since I paid to be a regester subscriber. I was hoping I would find a fix for it. :)

Let me know what I can do to help fix this problem

Thanks,

FutureSounds

www.FutureSoundsStudios.com - soon to be CB created! :)

15 years 4 months ago #80918 by beat
Well, please turn SEF on, and email me an url from where to login and a username/password, so I can try to understand what's happening...

btw, thanks for your support. Just to clarify, that subscription doesn't include support, other than community support ;)

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 4 months ago #80920 by beat
Got your email, thanks.

Just tried all possible combinations of logins (logged in over a dozen times successfully):

- with and without SEO ON (left it ON)
- from homepage with and without the /home at the end
- from website with www. in front and without it
- from other pages as well

I tested with Safari browser.

It all works fine.

Maybe your browser has a cookies problem ?

Try clearing cookies, and try another browser ?

15 years 4 months ago #80926 by futuresounds
Replied by futuresounds on topic Re:com_modlogin error - using Joomla 1.5.7
Ok, I understand what you did. That's great news for Safari users (not as many for my website though).

This is what web browser most of my clients use in a given month.

1. Internet Explorer 1,201 67.47%
2. Firefox 415 23.31%
3. Safari 131 7.36%
4. Opera 15 0.84%
5. Chrome 10 0.56%
6. SeaMonkey 3 0.17%
7. Mozilla 2 0.11%
8. Camino 1 0.06%
9. Netscape 1 0.06%
10. Playstation 3 1 0.06%

Out of all the IE web clients here's the breakdown of the versions:

1. 7.0 962 80.10%
2. 6.0 231 19.23%
3. 8.0 8 0.67%

I have only 7% of my clients that use Safari. I and 67% of my clients use Internet Explorer. Now, I know that's what the webmaster community like to use, but I go with what most of my clients look at it thru. :)

That means that with the site operating as is, 67% of my clients cannot access it correctly.

So, my problem now lies that the code is not transferring correctly to Internet Explorer??? Is that correct, or can it just be a setting in IE? I just cleared my cookies and put cookies security level to "Allow All". Still no luck...I appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks in Advanced Beat!!!

www.FutureSoundsStudios.com - soon to be CB created! :)

15 years 4 months ago #80983 by beat
Please try another browser and maybe another PC or ISP...

I'm not saying anything against any browser, you are misunderstanding here, sorry.

I just see it works from here with one browser one pc and one ISP... and believe you when you say it doesn't work with your browser on your pc on your ISP.

The site is the same...

So trying to find what affects that...to narrow the problem down.

Do other users of your site experience same problem ?

Do other users in this forum see same issue on their site or on that site ?

Did you try overwriting joomla and CB with a fresh copy ?

Just trying to help you, i don't have a "PC-religion" or "browser-religion".

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn