User not confirmed from cb admin.

15 years 3 weeks ago #90723 by Sarita
User not confirmed from cb admin. was created by Sarita
Hi,

I am using CB 1.1 with joomla 1.5.8.

Users on my site are able to register successfully. However as soon as I edit the user in the CB >> User Management, and save the changes, the account turns 'unconfirmed' and I can't change it back to confirmed.

We don't provide the functionality of getting activated the account from account pending approval mail or admin approval.

In one of the post in forum (www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,68309/catid,58/limit,6/limitstart,18/)
you have provided a fix for this bug but it didn't work for my site.

Can you please suggest a solution as early as possibly because my site is about to launch and users are not able to login on my site.

Also please don't suggest me to upgrade to the newer version of CB as i m comfortable with this version for the rest of the things on my site rather provide me a quick fix.

Thanks
Sarita

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 weeks ago #90725 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:User not confirmed from cb admin.
Sarita wrote:

Hi,

I am using CB 1.1 with joomla 1.5.8.

Users on my site are able to register successfully. However as soon as I edit the user in the CB >> User Management, and save the changes, the account turns 'unconfirmed' and I can't change it back to confirmed.

We don't provide the functionality of getting activated the account from account pending approval mail or admin approval.

In one of the post in forum (www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,68309/catid,58/limit,6/limitstart,18/)
you have provided a fix for this bug but it didn't work for my site.

Can you please suggest a solution as early as possibly because my site is about to launch and users are not able to login on my site.

Also please don't suggest me to upgrade to the newer version of CB as i m comfortable with this version for the rest of the things on my site rather provide me a quick fix.

Thanks
Sarita

Well CB 1.1 has many problems with Joomla 1.5 even with legacy on.

The answer is CB 1.2.

CB 1.2 has fixed all the issues CB 1.1 has with Joomla 1.5.

15 years 3 weeks ago #90850 by Sarita
Replied by Sarita on topic Re:User not confirmed from cb admin.
Hi,

Is this the only solution for this problem :(

If yes, then can you please tell me whether i have to install the CB 1.2 by uninstalling CB 1.1 or i can upgrade from CB 1.1 to CB 1.2 so that no data loss occur.

Post edited by: Sarita, at: 2009/03/06 05:28

15 years 3 weeks ago #90861 by nant
Sarita wrote:

Hi,

Is this the only solution for this problem :(

If yes, then can you please tell me whether i have to install the CB 1.2 by uninstalling CB 1.1 or i can upgrade from CB 1.1 to CB 1.2 so that no data loss occur.

Post edited by: Sarita, at: 2009/03/06 05:28

All of this is explained in the readme files located in the CB 1.2 distribution package and also in the free documentation - I suggest you download, read, test on test site and post back any real issues.

15 years 3 weeks ago #90869 by Sarita
Replied by Sarita on topic Re:User not confirmed from cb admin.
Hi,

I have updated CB 1.1 to 1.2. Upgrade was successful as I followed the steps mentioned in the txt file.

But now I am facing another problem after upgradation. The plugin for Acajoom which I re-installed after upgradation is not working also the hacks applied in AEC got uncommitted. I again committed all hacks but Hack#6 is not getting committed. As a result I am not getting AEC functionality run properly when user register on my site.

Please suggest appropriate measure to go thru this problem.

Thanks
Sarita

15 years 3 weeks ago #90889 by nant
Sarita wrote:

Hi,

I have updated CB 1.1 to 1.2. Upgrade was successful as I followed the steps mentioned in the txt file.

But now I am facing another problem after upgradation. The plugin for Acajoom which I re-installed after upgradation is not working also the hacks applied in AEC got uncommitted. I again committed all hacks but Hack#6 is not getting committed. As a result I am not getting AEC functionality run properly when user register on my site.

Please suggest appropriate measure to go thru this problem.

Thanks
Sarita

Hopefully AEC has a hack for CB 1.2 stable.

Sorry, I cannot help with systems that hack CB.

Also, really difficult to understand what not working means in regards to the Acajoom plugin - please post your non working question on their forums (hopefully with more details if you want people to respond).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn