REAL Profiles

16 years 7 months ago #44282 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:REAL Profiles
This is a cosmetic problem. Thanks for letting me know.

Mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #44284 by mommycity
Replied by mommycity on topic Re:REAL Profiles
No problem. And I have made some MAJOR progress today. I feel like I should bake myself a cake. *laughs*

I've figured out how to allow the user to change the ENTIRE background of their page. It's hard telling what the page will look like when you go look, but you can check out www.mommycity.com/christina I'm using that page for testing and will make some demo accounts later on. Ignore the ugliness because I haven't made it as far as beautifying it (profile and site menus)

16 years 7 months ago #44544 by royce
Replied by royce on topic Re:REAL Profiles
Ok, now we are getting somewhere!

My latest client wants the the MySpace like full page profile (no tabs). The example you gave for [code:1]www.mikkosoft.fi/demo4/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=66&Itemid=28[/code:1]
really looks like what he's been asking for.

The CB subscription service document doesn't explain how such a profile could be created. Is there any chance of a detailed description in the paid document?

There are lots of components to integrate and a starting point would be very appreciated.

16 years 7 months ago #44546 by mommycity
Replied by mommycity on topic Re:REAL Profiles
I suggestion to you would be to go to www.ravensportal.co.uk and get UHP2

It allows users to make 5 pages and they're NOT in tabs. Just gotta make some layouts for your users to choose from.

16 years 7 months ago #44552 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:REAL Profiles
royce wrote:

The CB subscription service document doesn't explain how such a profile could be created. Is there any chance of a detailed description in the paid document?

Pages 64, 84, 85 discuss and give some examples regarding the position and display type tab parameters that influence the way a tab appears in the frontend in a user profile.

Please experiment with these settings on some of your tabs to see if you can get something closer to what you want. If you have any suggestions regarding improvements that can be added to the detailed document please make them.

Oh, and thank you for subscribing to the documentation service - this support is greatly needed and appreciated :laugh:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn