CB 1.1 Development ???

16 years 7 months ago #44312 by AgentZero
CB 1.1 Development ??? was created by AgentZero
This seemed like the most appropriate section to post in....

I am looking at slightly modifying Community Builder's login form, specifically, incorporating some PHP based credit card processing that would allow for any potential user to fill out his/her information, punch in credit card info, which will then be sent to the processor, and, if accepted, will proceed to create the CB user account like it should. Does this sound feasible?
The ultimate aim is to allow for a particular user to pay a small fee for the account, and in return can post their own splash page for their business/outreach/etc...

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #44320 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB 1.1 Development ???
CB paid subscriptions plugin will do it, once released...see team blogs on frontpage.

If you need it earlier, AEC is an already available solution.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #44334 by AgentZero
Replied by AgentZero on topic Re:CB 1.1 Development ???
Is AEC produced by Community Builder?

16 years 7 months ago #44372 by dping28
Replied by dping28 on topic Re:CB 1.1 Development ???
No AEC is made over at globalnerd.org

-D

CB Testteam member

16 years 7 months ago #44575 by AgentZero
Replied by AgentZero on topic Re:CB 1.1 Development ???
Sorry for the delay, I checked it out and read most of the specs and documentation on it... it looks good. My only question is, out of all the payment processors, do any of these allow for potential subscribers to not have to have registered with them? Rather, I want something that will allow them to type in their credit card information directly on the form of my site to join. The reason for this is most people probably won't even have a PayPal account (at least out of the people that will be coming to my site). Is this possible with AEC? Or any other of these Joomla Extensions that may work with CB?

extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,listcats/cat_id,1793/Itemid,35/

I would like to stick with CB, just because I have modified the current login forms and am really impressed with it. It has a great backend as well! Thanks again for the help.

16 years 7 months ago #44637 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:CB 1.1 Development ???
I believe that there is no third party service that you can use to get money using someone else's credit card number, and that this kind of service is not feasible at all due to credit card frauds.

If you already have a contract to do business with credit card companies, then you probably also have a budget to hire someone to code this for you. If you do not have a contract with credit card companies, then this is probably the issue that you want to focus on first.

-Mikko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.658 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn