make text field default field type selection

16 years 7 months ago #45277 by sa247
wouldnt it be more useful/user friendly to set text field to be the default field type when creating new fields as opposed to tick box???

is there a way to do this?

i am sure that the text fields are used more than any other field type when creating new fields.

it just becomes a pain sometimes when your like me and been developing a site against the clock for 48hrs straight without sleep, and you have about 30+ different fields to create, you save your new field then realize you forgot to change the field type from checkbox... and then you have to go back and delete it and start all over :angry:

just a thought.... :whistle:

Post edited by: sa247, at: 2007/09/08 16:04

Post edited by: sa247, at: 2007/09/08 16:04

Post edited by: sa247, at: 2007/09/08 16:05

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #45422 by beat
Thanks for this excellent suggestion. We will try to implement it for next release.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #45673 by beat
Implemented in next release :)

Thank you for this useful usability suggestion. B)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn