Admin controlled tab selection per user

16 years 7 months ago #45458 by garyedwardjohnston
Admin controlled tab selection per user was created by garyedwardjohnston
I want users to have access to the tabs I specify.

I am planning to have dozens of tabs and want them to have access to only the ones I want them to have access to.

My research has shown that I could set up user types and assign users them but this is not doable because as I said there will be dozens of tabs and I could want them to have access to any number of them, thus setting up a user type for each possibility is unreasonable (hundreds of user categories).

Again I am simply looking for a manual way to allow or disallow individual users access to each tab.

Can CB do this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #45465 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Admin controlled tab selection per user
Advanced Profile Control component can do this, but you would need to edit the tabs data in the database directly, as there is no user interface to set the tabs per user in the current version. (In the future this user interface will be added)

-Mikko

16 years 7 months ago #45470 by garyedwardjohnston
Replied by garyedwardjohnston on topic Re:Admin controlled tab selection per user
When I read about this component it mentioned only setting up user groups which have different access to different tabs.

What I am looking for can be described like a table with each user in the first column and each tab represented as their own column. I should be able to check and uncheck each users access to each tab individually without having to set up user group types.

Are you saying that your component can set user access to each tab individually without creating user groups?

PS Thanks for responding.

16 years 7 months ago #45475 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Admin controlled tab selection per user
The component has a mechanism for controlling which tabs are available for profile types and also on per user basis.

However, currently there is no screen for choosing which tabs are for which users, but you can set this in the database. Version 1.1 will include user interface for choosing the tabs.

-Mikko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn