Option for allowing public users to send emails

16 years 6 months ago #46631 by svherpen
Hi,
Although this topic has been discussed in previous versions of CB, I like to raise this issue once more, since it seems that the latest CB 1.1 version does things slightly different.

Bottom line: I want to allow public users to send an email to registered website users. This by allowing them to use the Send Email function that is displayed when I create a user list.

In previous discussion it was said that this is prohibited on purpose to avoid spam. Well, to me that should be a decision that's to be made by the registered website user and not the component provider.

So I digged into the comprofiler.php file and searched for {
mosNotAuth()
return}
as was suggested in earlier forum posts.

To bad, this version 1.1 does work different because once I've commented out the mosNotAuth lines, I do get the Not Authorized message, where is used to say that you have to login to be able to send emails.

So what piece of code (or variable) can be changed to allow sending email by public users?

Any help would be highly appriciated. Since I'm not a programmer I'm lost when I look into this code.

Regards,
Sjaak van Herpen
The Netherlands

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #49326 by irodsdesign
Replied by irodsdesign on topic Re:Option for allowing public users to send emails
did anyone ever figure this out? I have the same need :)

thanks!

16 years 5 months ago #49702 by altoidboy
same here!

16 years 5 months ago #49725 by beat
There is a CB plugin from a 3pd for this.

It's either in downloads or in forum somewhere (we are preparing a new section on the site where it will be easier to find).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn