Two CAPTCHA Issues

16 years 5 months ago #48691 by djsdjs
Two CAPTCHA Issues was created by djsdjs
Thanks for putting together this plugin. I have been holding my breath waiting for the day I started to get bot spam.

I have two suggested improvements that would help out greatly:

*) In the registration form the image and field should appear right before or after the terms acceptance (or where ever it would appear if configured). I think for users who are used to CAPTCHA, they generally expect to see it near the submit button.

*) The error message is handled differently for registration and for sending a message via the email form. On the email form it displays in the page text at the top - which is not prominent enough for users to immediately recognize why (or whether) their submission was rejected - so I added FONT COLOR=RED to it. But then in registration it does a popup which does not render the HTML, so the HTML appears unrendered in the popup. If there is some reason why the message needs to appear differently on each page, could you please provide two language file variables so that I can code one with HTML and one without.

Thanks again for this plug in.
D.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #48815 by djsdjs
Replied by djsdjs on topic Three CAPTCHA Issues
One more to add:

*) It would be nice to have a button "new image" (language configurable) - if a user is having difficulty getting the one provided. It would be great if this did a submit to reload the page so that they don't lose any of there current field values.

Although you can regenerate the image by reloading the entire page - many users would not think to do this and in some cases it could cause the loss of a lot of typing.

16 years 5 months ago #48816 by djsdjs
Replied by djsdjs on topic Re:Three CAPTCHA Issues
Forgot to mention a bug - the CAPTCHA plug entry seems to jump around in the plug in list each time I edit it's settings.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn