mutual friends & show connections in one page

16 years 1 month ago #58235 by chac416
you are right about the number thing instead of the name... it's weird tho lol, i don't get that on my site. i will check the scripts again on my site and see which lines should be edited.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #58245 by jasondainter
Replied by jasondainter on topic Re:mutual friends & show connections in one page
Great thank you.

16 years 1 month ago #58337 by jasondainter
Replied by jasondainter on topic Re:mutual friends & show connections in one page
I have a developer working on this now (anyone can log in using the test details to have a look if they wish). Hoping to make this feature quite good when its done so will share back with the community when its all finished.

16 years 3 weeks ago #59325 by tzinmin
I have installed it but it doesn't seem to work even for the mutual friends portion.
Upon investigation, it appears that the SQL statement that returns the counter value for the mutual friends is not working on my MYSQL server (version 5.0.18).

The problem is with the file cb.connections.php line 409, where I have added in this line as a temporary fix (otherwise it throws ugly warning messages on my site).

The problem is the SQL query does not work and a count is not returned.

I tested it on my server hard coding the userid (i.e. 62 and 63 below to test for mutual friends):

SELECT COUNT( * )
FROM jos_comprofiler_members AS m
LEFT JOIN jos_comprofiler AS c ON m.memberid=c.id
LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON m.memberid=u.id
WHERE m.referenceid=63 AND c.approved=1 AND c.confirmed=1 AND c.banned=0 AND u.block=0 AND m.pending=0 AND m.accepted=1 AND m.memberid
IN
( SELECT memberid FROM jos_comprofiler_members AS m
LEFT JOIN jos_comprofiler AS c ON m.memberid=c.id
LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON m.memberid=u.id
WHERE m.referenceid=62 AND c.approved=1 AND c.confirmed=1 AND c.banned=0 AND u.block=0 )

It returned an error message where the mysql server asked me to check my syntax near the IN statement. Strange, as it looks correct to me.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

15 years 5 months ago #78099 by NuMoon
Wow, seems to good to be true! Definately karma+ for you!

Can I ask what CB version it is for though?

Best wishes,

NuMoon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn