A swiss school needs your help!

16 years 5 months ago #51252 by dbonafont
A swiss school needs your help! was created by dbonafont
Hello,

I’m a communication student in Switzerland and have been lightly introduced to Joomla. I’ve managed to experiment a few things and it worked pretty well so far.

We’re not taught to be web designers or coders but in a specific mandate I have to check if what I need is available in CB’s features.

Basically we’re building a website with the help of Joomla and we’d like to be able to do something like this (I’m not doing it personally, some professionals are mandated but I’d like to know if that’s been done before or not) :

The website is for a school, and the CB part would be used as an intranet with a login/password access with the following features:

Scholar part (already present)
WebMail
Schedule
Marks/Grades

“Fun” part (Facebook.com-like)
Profile pictures
Easy-to-edit profile (Videos, pictures, links, notes)
Forum
News

I’d like to add that the whole thing will be handled by people who have good-to-very-good internet skills.

I really hope anyone here can give me some advice, tips!

Thanks in advance,
Damien

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #51350 by nickb
Replied by nickb on topic Re:A swiss school needs your help!
Hi damien, shure this can be done, and if not CB as an API for plugins to be developped in order to achieve whatever u want!So have a look what's allready out there
for cb plugins and if you don't find what u need..u can ask ur professionals to develop it!

From switzerland? I am from switzerland too... Let me know what the project is, for what school, allready online? i am interested ... let us know a little bit more about ii!

cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn